trans prob

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have a stock trans in my 04 and the other night i was driving home stoped at a red light go to take off and its like its taking off in 2nd or3rd gear i check all the plugs on the trans and they were all good checked the fluid level and its good any ideas?

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
nothing came up on my sct i can plug it in to my buddys scanner tomorrow and tell you what comes up there has to be a code because my tow/haul mode flashes

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
update i just put a brand new trans in the truck filled it up drove it around it was shifting a little bit hard but not to bad it was starting off in first gear i was driving and i look and my damn tow haul starts blinking again? come to a stop no first gear! so i set the truck to stock on my sct, and i had no blinking tow/haul drive a couple miles stop, go to take off no first gear again and it was blinking so im like wtf so i put the truck to street tune once again the tow haul stops blinking and takes off in first gear drive a couple miles shifts a little bit hard tow haul starts blinking again and loose first gear so gonna take and use the geniesis scanner at the shop tomorrow and ill give you guys the codes im friggin stumped

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
Alright here is the codes I got 1) p0715 input/trans speed sensor circuit malfunction. 2) p0717 input/turbine speed sensor no signal. 3) p0722 output speed sensor no signal 4) p0791 intermidiate shaft speed sensor a circuit 5) p0793 intermidiate shaft speed sensor a circuit no signal. so now when I shut off the truck and start it again the code go away until i get into 3rd gear then it does it again any ideas the trans I wouldnt think its the trans maybe tcm/pcm?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I think it's the wiring to the three speed sensors on the transmission. You have electrical circuit fault codes. Find the wiring harness problem and fix it!

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
It could be the TCM. There's maybe a one in a million chance that all three circuits in the TCM failed at the same time. I think it is much more likely that the one wiring harness to the three speed sensors was damaged.

Good luck buying a harness. I don't think Ford offers them. Most people repair the harness instead of replacing it.

Latest posts

Members online