Trans puking fluid

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
Well i do a good amount of heavy towing with my truck. I have never had a problem until a couple.days ago. First time my trans heated up to 190ish and it puked a very small amount of fluid. Well today i was cruising with a very small load (4-5000 pounds) and my temp went out of control within just a few miles. The temp got up to 210 before i could get off the road. The trans will not stop puking fluid from the inspection plate. What could have blown and what could have caused this all of the sudden? I think either a plugged filter or cooler and i may have blown the input seal on the pump. It goes to the shop in the morning but i just want to hear some ideas.

Sent from the top of a silo while battling pigeons

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Well i do a good amount of heavy towing with my truck. I have never had a problem until a couple.days ago. First time my trans heated up to 190ish and it puked a very small amount of fluid. Well today i was cruising with a very small load (4-5000 pounds) and my temp went out of control within just a few miles. The temp got up to 210 before i could get off the road. The trans will not stop puking fluid from the inspection plate. What could have blown and what could have caused this all of the sudden? I think either a plugged filter or cooler and i may have blown the input seal on the pump. It goes to the shop in the morning but i just want to hear some ideas.

I'm gonna guess something with the pump.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Gary

Reaction score
I agree with Matt^^^, look for a viton rubber front seal and look close at the pump bushing and converter.

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
I agree with Matt^^^, look for a viton rubber front seal and look close at the pump bushing and converter.

Well i know nothing about auto trans so i sent it to the shop this morning. The shop built me a dang near bullet proof trans for my Dodge. They knew exactly what was wrong when i brought it in. The truck was not drivable because it would not stop puking fluid. I dont have time to replace it because i am getting ready to move to Nebraska at the end of the week. So it was just great timing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.