Transmission Issues

dieseldbiscuit

Reaction score
Got the infamous O/D flashing going on while on a roadtrip. I have a code reader which threw P1784 (failure in 1st/Reverse). Took it to the shop it did not flash. They got code P1783. The guys said he drove it around for a while & it was operating around the right trans temp. He said it may be the solenoid that's activating the sensor..I'm a little confused. I don't just wanna throw parts and hope the code clears...Maybe the clutch plate needs replaced?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
He said it may be the solenoid that's activating the sensor..
??HUH?? That statement doesn't make any sense.

.Maybe the clutch plate needs replaced?
What clutch plate do you mean? There are several clutches in the transmission. And how did you come up with this diagnosis?

If it were mine I would clear all the codes and see if anything came back. So far the story doesn't make sense.

dieseldbiscuit

Reaction score
??HUH?? That statement doesn't make any sense.

What clutch plate do you mean? There are several clutches in the transmission. And how did you come up with this diagnosis?

If it were mine I would clear all the codes and see if anything came back. So far the story doesn't make sense.

That's exactly the problem..It doesn't make sense. Two diff codes came up on two diff readers..kinda hard to pinpoint the issue when it's inconsistent. I dropped the pan a few mons ago, fluid still had a red tint, minor shavings on the magnet for the drain plug so normal wear & tear. Thew a new gasket/ buttoned everything up. Never had any problems before. I just mentioned the clutch plates bc that's all I could come up with idk. Didn't sound like the TC. I have cleared the codes already..just sit & see if it returns maybe? It hasn't come back. I was pulling a small trailer at the time but I don't consider that strenuous

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.