transmission slip?

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I was brake boosting my truck at the dragstrip and when the light turned green and went to take off it was like the truck defueled extremely hard and then picked the power back off and started to accelerate. Would this be the clutches slipping? I had it at about 3k rpms when i was building boost.

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
will do! Also seems like it hesitates between shift just a bit but only when launching at the line under hard acceleration. Hoping its only a sensor.

David N

Reaction score
How long were you on the converter staging up? Sounds like you flashed the converter. I did that several times on my stock torque converter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
did the same thing a week or so ago! hot lapping at the strip... trans got a tad warm but not horrible... was on the converter to long and it messed up just like whats been mentioned... pulled codes and it was vss codes... let it cool off while eating supper and when we left it was fine and shifted like it always has.

live life full throttle

bad12jr

Reaction score
I try to stay off the convertor till the other lane gets on the first beam. Then jump in but the convertor will stall pretty well to 3200 on the brakes. Mine did that once hot lapping but not to that extent. Left after and cooled it down on the road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online