Transmission time, again.

Rene G

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just blew the trans in my 09 for the third time and I'm going to be doing a rebuild. What I'm looking for is who has the best rebuild kits out there? I'm going to be using a RCD Ultimate converter.

Thanks,
Rene

MINK

Reaction score
I chose to go with Elite internals and DPC converter - I only want to have to do this once so over building for my 600hp should do just that.

Rene G

Reaction score
Previous trans was Suncoast rebuild kit with Suncoast converter. After I installed the rebuild kit I snapped a input shaft. My trans has been together for +/- 60k since.

Rene G

Reaction score
The converter went, I'm worried that it took out the clutches, I'm looking for a rebuild kit most likely.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If I was you, I would skip the rebuild kit and get something that will last you and that you dont have to worry about breaking anything for a LONG time. I would just do a fully built tranny if I was in your situation. Like others on here, I would only want to do it once and be done.

White_monster

Reaction score
Rene isn't your trans about 3yrs old? If so I'm not surprised your torque let go, mines barely hanging on. I'd do another rebuild kit and the Rcd torque through Excel. You don't need all the billet parts due to you not having the need for them, you haven't broke anything since that input shaft so why buy stuff you don't need.

Rene G

Reaction score
I'm going to magnaflux all the shafts to see if there are any cracks while it's apart, and then most likely get a rebuild kit. I'm going to get it done in Grande Prairie this time.

Rene G

Reaction score
It's weird how it went this time, it was holding 100%, no slip and then the converter completely let go, I'd get 150-200rpm of slip going up a small hills at 60mph.

Rene G

Reaction score
I think a fully built race trans will be over kill for me, contrary to the evidence I've presented, I'm really not hard on my truck!! I drive like an old man, never race or any thing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.