transmission

Reaction score
Need some advice on what direction to go.

First off my truck is an 11 and I had issues with the trans when the truck was new. It would do what I referred to as neutral dropping. Ford re flashed the computer and told me the next step was to change the solenoids if it kept action up. I never took it back in to have the solenoids replaced.

The truck is tuned with a mini max and the canned H&S tunes. A while back I noticed the truck would shift hard / erratic if I would change the tune often. I attributed it to changing the tune and me not doing a trans relearn so I decided to just leave the truck on performance.

When it is cold out side the truck kicks like a mule shifting hard and then at times will do a clunky down shift if going slow.

The truck has 90k miles and nothing has been done to the trans. I am thinking about having the pan dropped, filter changed, and changing the solenoids.
Will this help?

Also have been contemplating getting MCC unlock and calling gearhead after reading about his trans tuning.

I know eventually I will be replacing the trans but I want to prolong its life with the conditions I am putting it under.

sootie

Reaction score
getting gearhead tunes will prolong the life of the trans.

there was a tsb for shifting issues on the 11's so i would get that done first.

Latest posts

Members online