triple disk in a zf6 help

ryanss22

Reaction score
So I bought a weighted triple disk from Dan at valair for my puller with a zf6 and it went in no problem, bolted it up via custom adaptor everything went together smoothly.. Peddle was stiff with truck off as expected. With the truck running it sounds like the fork is hitting the pressure plate before it fully engages... has anyone had an issue like this? Has anyone ever put a triple in a zf6 before?
If email Dan and waiting for a reply but figured if anyone on here has any idea? Modify the fork maybe? I haven't had time to tear it apart yet..

Thanks for any help though.

psduser1

Reaction score
Need a spacer between the block and bellhousing? Buddy with a dodge had to add 3/8" or so, to allow room for the extra thickness.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
hrt told me that to get a tripple disc in, it requires some fancy footwork with spacers/shims of some sort.. been a while though..

live life full throttle

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Dual / Triple Disc clutches are noisy period. Or are you feeling something along with hearing it when depressing the peddle ?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Did you replace the pilot bearing as well? I'm not too familiar with Valair clutches since we use South Bend, but I have heard of some manufactures pilot bearings coming apart and allowing the input to wobble and chatter.

ryanss22

Reaction score
Yea, going to have to pull it and check finger clearance, see if the fork is rubbing... kinda funny how a triple will fit into an NV series Trans with minor work but what a PIA for a zf6...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Did you trim back the cast ribbing in the bellhousing?

***Note: I have not installed a Valair triple disc... so it might not need it....***

What Hydraulics are you running?

Any possibility the weights are hitting the throw out arm when running?

Last edited:

ryanss22

Reaction score
We did grind and trim back the castings in the bell housing.. running stock hydraulics... not sure yet on weights hitting... have to open it back up still..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Did you trim back the cast ribbing in the bellhousing?

***Note: I have not installed a Valair triple disc... so it might not need it....***

What Hydraulics are you running?

Any possibility the weights are hitting the throw out arm when running?
he is alive!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.