truck dying when it gets hot

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
my brothers 96 f250 keeps dying when it gets warm. new hpop, new injector o-rings, new ipr, what could it be?? need help soon since its our plow truck and our way to make money. :fordoval:

webb06

Reaction score
Check oil temp. Had one once that needed an oil cooler because the oil temp was getting over 250 degrees. Would be fine driving down interstate , pull off on exit and it died immediately.

mandkole

Reaction score
jared,
Did you eliminate the issue with the underhood relay clicking after it dies? Im feelin' IDM power supply.

rascal

Reaction score
Once it dies when warm can you restart it or do you have to wait for it to cool down?

Turbtators

Reaction score
If he has a chip in it have him take it out. My truck was dying out on me so i took the chip out and it has not died since. I noticed when i had the chip out their was a slight bit of corrosion on a few terminals.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Have you changed the CPS? I was working on a truck that would shut down once it got warm then fire back up after it cooled down then would shut down again after it got warm. Changed the icp changed the hpop but it was the CPS that went bad. Changed that fired back up and ran perfect.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
unfortunately by the sounds of it you guys may have overlooked the IPR valve and the orings when you guys did the HPOP. did you swap over the old IPR or did you get a new IPRwith the new HPOP? sounds like classic signs of ipr orings. very easy to replace

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
We replaced the injector o-rings that was the first thing we did, still didn't run, put in hpop, ran good for about a week, quit running while plowing snow, new ipr, runs until it's hot, what else could it be?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascal

Reaction score
Was that the first thing you did in response to the issue or first thing you did and the problem started?

Have you unplugged the ICP sensor and let it run in default mode?

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, she quit running, friend suggested o-rings, when we got the injectors out it was clearly the o-rings, got em back in, still wouldn't start, so here comes the hpop, ran good for about a week, replaced the ipr with new orings, now it just quits running when it's hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online