Truck regen after new TCM installed??? Help

muzbomb

Reaction score
Hey guys my buddy has a 08 F350 Harley with delete pipe and a edge tuner. His TCM fried and took to dealer they but new TCM in and know his truck is regening(blows blue stinky smoke). I know he will have to get ahold of Edge to get his tuner reprogrammed or what not. But my question is can he hurt anything by driving with regen while he is deleted??

Highroller54

Reaction score
yes because it wont stop flooding the engine with fuel. He might just need to reload his tune and "adjust options" and chose no exhaust filter installed. I dont think that tuner does anything to the tcm. I hope it was returned to stock before the dealer reflashed the truck though.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Just have your buddy retune his truck again and that will solve the problem. When they replaced the TCM ford reflashed the PCM too. That's why it's regenning. Not just because of the TCM. And yes it will hurt it by driving it around like that. Retune the truck ASAP and he will be fine. The extra fuel on the exhaust stroke can wash the oil off the cylinder walls and damage the surface if ran a long time like that and besides he will be getting horrible mpgs

Last edited:

Moremph

Reaction score
And if he didnt return his truck to stock he has lost his edge tune, And i Dont know if edge will fix it for him because of all the EPA drama, He may be SOL and looking for a new tuner

Travis

Stroked777

Reaction score
And if he didnt return his truck to stock he has lost his edge tune, And i Dont know if edge will fix it for him because of all the EPA drama, He may be SOL and looking for a new tuner

Travis

idk how an edge tuner works, but he should be able just to tune the truck again and be fine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.