Truetrac help

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Guys I install these alot here and I order the ford 80w90 non synthetic as reccommended by eaton. Have had no issues with any using this fluid.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So all I have to do is switch oil and the binding when turning and hooked to a trailer will go away? Has this solved the problem on numerous occasions?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I was honestly very skeptical about changing from the synthetic. Called eaton and was told it would create binding and noise. Because it's not thin enough to flow properly. You have to remeber that locker is almost completely sealed. I have praised that locker and the quietness since I started using them.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I guess it's worth a try. I'm very happy with the locker when the truck is empty. It's just when hauling something that it binds.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update. I finally got a chance to hook to a trailer today and make a short run around town since I switched oil in the rear.... No more binding!! Couldn't believe it after the second turn and it was smooth as silk lol. Just put Valvoline 80W-90 and it seems to work great. Never would have thought something so simple would cure that horrid noise.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update. I finally got a chance to hook to a trailer today and make a short run around town since I switched oil in the rear.... No more binding!! Couldn't believe it after the second turn and it was smooth as silk lol. Just put Valvoline 80W-90 and it seems to work great. Never would have thought something so simple would cure that horrid noise.

Now be a man and hook to a sled and really test it out!:poke:LOL

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've been running the TT for about 20 yrs now. First in my 'yota and now in the 350. Luv the way they handle on the street.

At around 70kmi my 'yota the TT started making noise on turns. Being the shade tree mechanic I am I took it apart. Nothing wrong with it, but disassembly ruins them as they are built in a jig and machined after building. should have called them before disassembly. D'oh.

I'm with others here, you've got the wrong fluids in there. That or it's a factory defect and you ought to replace it under warranty.

fyi: my 350 has the TT in the rear and I tow the toyhauler often. 25k gross. No problems. It was the first mod I did to the 350 and I've now got about 60kmi on it.

Latest posts

Members online