Trying to locate a member with cracked uppipe and removed installed a block off plate

muzbomb

Reaction score
Hey guys a while back i seen something on here one of the members had a blown bellow or crack in his uppipe. He had a EGR cooler delete already in truck and it cracked cause there is no support on that upipe with the cooler delete on, but anyway he had Rudy's i thing build him a block off plate that was threaded for the sensor and just got rid of that whole up pipe. I am trying to find out who it was so i can talk to him about it. Anybody know?? Thanks

Last edited:

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Did you try the search bar for the thread? Also not to get off topic but if you delete the cooler you can count on the up pipe cracking?

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Here's the tap.
03088728.jpg

I put the ebp sensor. In the plate I would recommend tuning a ebp tube to extract the heat like how the stock set up is.
03088728.jpg

e67da7e3.jpg

Last edited:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Did you try the search bar for the thread? Also not to get off topic but if you delete the cooler you can count on the up pipe cracking?

I have 40,000 of heavy towing. Mine hasn't cracked. Running big tunes with high back pressure and no gate. Thats how you crack and blow bellows. Or increase the risk i should say.

redx

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to mine, sawzalled the pipe out and left the bottom part in. Drilled the blocker and tapped to 1/8 NPT, and got a 1/8 NPT male to JIC 4.5 fitting so you can use the OEM pipe where the sensor mounts to. Works great..

c6uMb.jpg

Last edited:

muzbomb

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to mine, sawzalled the pipe out and left the bottom part in. Drilled the blocker and tapped to 1/8 NPT, and got a 1/8 NPT male to JIC 4.5 fitting so you can use the OEM pipe where the sensor mounts to. Works great..

c6uMb.jpg

Hey do you have more pics?

91turbogsx

Reaction score

I want to know why you left the bottom part still in? One bolt and the rest comes right out after cutting like you have.

And for the record I have removed and replaced that pipe before without cutting cab on... LOL It can be done.

redx

Reaction score
More or less didn't have all my gear with me and just did it quick to get it back up and running. I'll most likely pull it out when I get a day off.

How did you go about it, socket? Wrench? Couldn't see the dam thing from underneath at all. Get it from the top or pull the fender liner?

Just curious lol.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Pull the fender liner. There is one 10mm bolt hidden between the crossover pipe and up pipe that you can get to from underneath. A six inch extension and socket will work fine. Then you'll just have to twist, spin, pull, push, etc to weasel it out.

Last edited:

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I just ordered a new OEM fitting that is in the EGR crossover pipe for the sensor. I'm sure you can find one elsewhere for a little cheaper but I didn't want to shop around when I know the dealer had it. I'm not sure the exact thread sizes/pitch of both sides but I know I used a 1/4-18 NPT tap on the plate.

The factory EBP tube then just screws right on to that fitting like factory. After you do some bending to the tube to get it to sit where you want.

redx

Reaction score
What kind of fitting is that? What size? The sensor just screws right into that fitting??

Muzbomb, the fitting you want to get is a 1/8 NPT(male) to JIC 5 (male), tap for 1/8 NPT. If you are in edmonton, you can get this fitting at Bosch hydraulic for a $1.25, although greggs/fastneal, etc will have it.

Latest posts

Members online