TS Burner & Burning Q?

sniper_101

Reaction score
I havent used it yet but can I erase selected positions on the chip and burn new tunes from a different tuner onto those select positions and leave the previous tunes in-tact?

Thanks

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
With the correct software and techniques you can but it is a bad idea to do so in the case that different tuners use different templates and base files

sniper_101

Reaction score
Two quick questions. Its alright to have tunes loaded to position 1 and 2 and leave the rest blank/erased?

After reinstalling the chip the wait to start light and parking brake light randomly won't light up when I cycle the key to ON. It works fine 100% of the time without the chip plugged in. Is this a connection issue or can this be an issue caused by tuning? (I dont believe so)

Thanks

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
No if you just burn position 1 an 2 uou have to take the little metal deal off below the knob and change it to just two Settings.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Two quick questions. Its alright to have tunes loaded to position 1 and 2 and leave the rest blank/erased?

After reinstalling the chip the wait to start light and parking brake light randomly won't light up when I cycle the key to ON. It works fine 100% of the time without the chip plugged in. Is this a connection issue or can this be an issue caused by tuning? (I dont believe so)

Thanks
More than likely you need to clean the connections and be careful because the current condition can cause chip and pcm failures. Also you can fill the remaining positions with the same program as position 2 to prevent accidental stalling

sniper_101

Reaction score
More than likely you need to clean the connections and be careful because the current condition can cause chip and pcm failures. Also you can fill the remaining positions with the same program as position 2 to prevent accidental stalling

I have run this chip on this pcm for 3 years, hence my wondering if a tuning issue can cause it. I'll do another light brushing over the contacts but I sure dont want to take off too much material from the contacts.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Well I may have answered my own question. Burned Tune A to positions 1,2,3 and Tune B to position 4,5,6. Only tested it a few times but the Wait To Start light seems to be acting normal now.

Now if I get some tunes that will actually work for my 4,500 mile trip tomorrow I'd be pleased . . .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online