TSB #???

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im looking for the TBS # for the HGB flash fix. Been having some EB and VGT issues with my current strategy with tunes. HGB was releases in march and it is the most current one my dealer has. The service guy cant find a more current one so my tunes can operate correctly. I believe there was another release in October from the rumors I've heard, but nothing more then that.

Thanks
Chris

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I think I got it all sorted out. I talked with a few members and my back pressure and boost vs VGTDC are OK. My DTC 2263 that I was getting seems to be a result of a DIRTY MAP sensor. Cleaned it out and the truck has some snap again and the turbo DC will now fluctuate when I get on the throttle on the highway. Anyone that has this P2263 DTC I would recommend pulling the MAP sensor and clean it out.

This is what I found. Need to do my EGR delete soon and get a shiny new ported manifold. The emissions system fills up the manifold with an unbelievable amount of crap. This after only 40,000miles.

MAP 1.jpg

MAP 2.jpg

What was inside of the manifold. Just dropped the tee handle in and pulled it out.
MAP 3.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Chris. I hope mine isnt getting that bad with a CCV re-route. I need to delete the EGR Valve also. Been debating on it for a while because of the Nazi Commi CA.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Chris. I hope mine isnt getting that bad with a CCV re-route. I need to delete the EGR Valve also. Been debating on it for a while because of the Nazi Commi CA.

go for it!! just come down here when you need to smog it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
If you have the flash from Marchish then you need to still get it reflashed or you will have overboost problems. I am pretty sure the "fix" flash was released at the very end of July.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
If you have the flash from Marchish then you need to still get it reflashed or you will have overboost problems. I am pretty sure the "fix" flash was released at the very end of July.

Got the fix 2 weeks ago. Im not getting an overboost condition. It looks like it was a pressure correlation between the MAP and EBP sensors. There was some gunk in the MAP sensor causing the boost pressure to lag too far behind to manipulate the VGT properly. If that makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online