Tuned FICMs

3brorce

Reaction score
With a handheld device through the OBD port. Basically the same thing as an SCT for the ECM but for the FICM

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
So with the remote tuner you'll be able to call up Innovative and they'll send you a tuner, you load up you FICM tune and send the tuner back? That sounds kick a*s! I've got a 58v ficm and would love to have a tune on it. Anyone know how much it'll cost?

3brorce

Reaction score
Innovative is going to charge $200 and php charges $150. Yup you got it. that is the process. Or you could buy the tuner for $400 and it is yours to keep

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
A bargain at twice the price!LOL Especially if it gets you a significant increase in fuel mileage.

3brorce

Reaction score
I dont think I would buy it. I dont plain on taking it anywhere that will reflash it and if I have to Ill tell them they better not

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It would be worth it if innovative allowed you to buy the ficm programmer for $400 then allowed other people to buy the flash and you could flash other peoples trucks for a fee.

I would totally do that if it were possible.

3brorce

Reaction score
Yea that is a good thought there. You probably could do that but you may have to find someone with same strat or that. That handheld device will probably vin lock or something though too

Jeremy

Reaction score
Its worth buying if you can, I have the PHP programer. I can change to a Inductive Heating Hybrid FICM program in the winter, and back to the non IH in the summer. I have'nt had the IH program long enough to see if the mpg's went down over the non IH one though. They just start alot happier(the ex and the 06) with the IH in them.

Dave

Reaction score
What did the programmer cost you with both strategies Jeremy?

3brorce

Reaction score
Its worth buying if you can, I have the PHP programer. I can change to a Inductive Heating Hybrid FICM program in the winter, and back to the non IH in the summer. I have'nt had the IH program long enough to see if the mpg's went down over the non IH one though. They just start alot happier(the ex and the 06) with the IH in them.

I would like to know this too??

Jeremy

Reaction score
$400(for one truck) Once the truck has had the FICM programed by the programmer you can change back and forth as much as you like.

It costs an extra $150 per "unlock" to do an additional truck. IIRC

So I can change the 06 and the 05 Ex back and forth as much as i want....the 07, does'nt have the cold start issues the other two do, so i did'nt opt for a third unlock.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
very cool, i've been looking for an old evolution for this reason

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Who's doing the remote FICM programming right now? I'd love to tune my FICM, I just can't afford to have the truck down for long while I send my FICM off to get tuned.

3brorce

Reaction score
Only one right now is PHP. KEM and Innovative said that they should have their's available mid November. Not too far away

strokin6L

Reaction score
i wonder what will happen for the guys that already have a tuned FICM. I already have a tuned FICM and say i want to turn it back to stock calibration. I wonder if the FICM tuner can do that seeing as that the FICM was tuned without the tuner.

3brorce

Reaction score
I would assume so but then you would have to buy the tuner from them. I do not know if they will just sell you the device though without the FICM tune in it. I dont know

Latest posts

Members online