Tuning confusion

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have the DD and am currently un updated running KEMs 345 file. That is the only tune I have. Ive been wanting to go back to spartan since theyve updated a lot of their tunes and their shifting has come a long way. I have their level 3 license so I was pretty happy to have every tune up to the 310. I was told I may need custom tunes written so I got ahold of RCD(spartan no longer custom tunes vehicles I guess). Figured They would tweak the tunes for me free of charge or at a small fee due to me already having the licensing. I guess not at 200 bucks a tune. So my question is do I need custom tuning? Ive been getting conflicting statements on if I need a custom tunes or not for my mods specifically the HPFP. What are the tuners thoughts? Jeff wasnt sure, Mick said I did, but RCD just said I dont. There lays my confusion.

Thanks Ryan

patrickke

Reaction score
It couldn't hurt to get custom tunes as you have a truck that has a little more mods than the normal truck... Plus custom tunes are vehicle specific

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that our larger tunes will work just find with the modded HPFP. However, I don't know about the smaller tunes. I'll double check with Matt and let you know. You have the stage 1 Elite HPFP, correct?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yes I do. The only reason I want to switch is that your 310 is the fastest tune out there to my knowledge and I need a tow tune next weekend cause Im towing a truck to an offroad event. I normally dont tow anything. Thanks jeff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.