tuning problems

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
well guys ive been switching back and forth from kem and h and s canned tunes on my single turbo 6.4 for a few weeks now and im ready to get something custom on there, i wanted to switch to erics tunes but for watever reason when i try and load the sct it throws it into reduced power mode.. ive even been to ford to try and get the newest flash, didnt work so 95 bucks down the drain.. any ideas? aaron and me are both stumped? its like h and s is encrypted into the pcm now not allowing me to switch tuners?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well guys ive been switching back and forth from kem and h and s canned tunes on my single turbo 6.4 for a few weeks now and im ready to get something custom on there, i wanted to switch to erics tunes but for watever reason when i try and load the sct it throws it into reduced power mode.. ive even been to ford to try and get the newest flash, didnt work so 95 bucks down the drain.. any ideas? aaron and me are both stumped? its like h and s is encrypted into the pcm now not allowing me to switch tuners?

like shane said, also, theres been some issues with the trucks with the latest flash's from ford. from what i have seen , you can clear codes a few times when it goes to reduced engine power, and after clearing all the codes it will basically never come back. i just loaded one into a buddy's truck, and i think he got reduced power 4-5 times , and after clearing codes thru all of them, he hasnt had an issue in a couple months. i doubt the h and s could encrypt your pcm, hopefully not!!

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
yea i had the vgt disabled and hummm i just hate to drive all the way back to rudies to start this crap again, kinda made me mad since i was really looking forward to running erics tunes, i mite have to get him to send me one and try what yall are saying, becuase when we tried all we did was reflash it and load it the reflash it and load it and it never took

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so the tunes arent loading at all ? that damn reflash!!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
no no they are loading fine but ill take one rip down the road and the starts the reduced power again

are you clearing the codes and trying again? if so , how many attempts and what codes are you getting ?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
It's probably that oil level high code. Lead Foot Diesel Performance is getting that code with their single turbo truck. It kept going into limp mode on the dyno at Beans running Eric's X-Race and the latest Ford flash.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
that sounds about right but not sure, it just sucks becuase im trying to squeeze all i can out of what ive got now on stock fuel before i dive into fueling mods and all we did was load it, try and run it, limp mode, back to stock then reflash and try again, never cleared codes and tried again or anything like that, didnt run across my mind to.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
aaron said they were getting "oil level high" as well. i would honestly reload and clear, it seems to work on the newest flash. may take a couple try's, but certainly worth a shot!

MINK

Reaction score
It's probably that oil level high code. Lead Foot Diesel Performance is getting that code with their single turbo truck. It kept going into limp mode on the dyno at Beans running Eric's X-Race and the latest Ford flash.

Yup, was a damn shame too - I was wanting to see what it really had in it.

blackmonster

Reaction score
tuner

Guys i had the same problem. I would try his new 6.4 with delayed lock and it would not take. Then after 10 times of clearing and flashing. It took in extreme street! Road like a champ. And the delayed OD lock worked as well. But then i took her out to change tunes and never could get her to take again. She ran slow and the delayed OD lock would not work in any of the tunes i would try!
I do not know if my TCM/pcm?? went bad? But something was not working???

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
And that's why I'm Google back to the old Ford flash as soon as I can. I was getting the reduced engine power at the 1000ft No matter what and when I checked for codes there were none. Also it looks like the older flash seemed to fuel harder

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online