Turbo acting stupid

SlingbladeMD

Reaction score
I've got a stick 6.0 2004. Straight piped and intake no tune right now. When climbing a hill at 2,000 rpms in over drive my turbo starts barking and losing power. Weird thing is when I floor it she clears up and goes normal. I replaced the VGT solenoid, fuel filters, and pulled the egr valve to clean it. Egr valve looked fine by the way. Not to sure what's going on but some insight would be greatly appreciated.

sootie

Reaction score
I've got a stick 6.0 2004. Straight piped and intake no tune right now. When climbing a hill at 2,000 rpms in over drive my turbo starts barking and losing power. Weird thing is when I floor it she clears up and goes normal. I replaced the VGT solenoid, fuel filters, and pulled the egr valve to clean it. Egr valve looked fine by the way. Not to sure what's going on but some insight would be greatly appreciated.

i have the same issue on an 05 stick F550. only way it goes away is if i downshift and floor it. i have yet to find out the issue so im very interested...

SlingbladeMD

Reaction score
Whoops, I meant to write *stock. She's an automatic at 51,000 miles. Havent scanned it, no check engine lights or anything like that.

SlingbladeMD

Reaction score
I have not, I'll be doing an egr delete here in the near future so I'll probably do it then. I'm fairly easy on my truck, could that be the cause? I've been told to run the balls off it occasionally which I think i do, but maybe not enough, what causes the sticking?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have not, I'll be doing an egr delete here in the near future so I'll probably do it then. I'm fairly easy on my truck, could that be the cause? I've been told to run the balls off it occasionally which I think i do, but maybe not enough, what causes the sticking?

Carbon/soot build up. It's pretty common.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.