Turbo blew? Charge pipe? Help?!?!

Coldbore

Reaction score
2011 F350 Dually deleted with S&B intake. 70000 miles
So I was driving home normal conditions then I see a lot of smoke behind me as I come off a red light. I notice my engine is a lot louder now and I'm building no boost. My exhaust temps also jump up to about 900 degrees at 35 mph. It's dark now so I can't see much and limp it home. No codes and it idles fine. Anybody have any ideas. I don't see a hole in my charge pipe and I'm not blowing smoke unless I get on the throttle. I need some ideas before I go to ford. I also don't hear any unusual noises from the turbo but again while under the hood and giving it throttle it's very loud like the boost is going somewhere.

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411273898.983786.jpg
Check this connection. Bad about blowing and coming off

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you need a stock turbo let me know I have a few , hopefully you don't !!

TRUBBS

Reaction score
mine always blew on the tube where the boot connects to it, then it also split the entire plastic cac tube

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I had this issue a month or so ago. It was my MAF sensor. Unplugged it key off. Plugged back in. Never had the problem again.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Sucks but it sure beats the alternative!! I'll be replacing mine when an emissions friendly aftermarket one comes out.

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
H&s makes an aftermarket kit for that

I've heard they're working on an emissions friendly version that doesn't do away with the butterfly valve but the kit that's been out for a while now isn't emissions friendly.

Keith

webb06

Reaction score
I've heard they're working on an emissions friendly version that doesn't do away with the butterfly valve but the kit that's been out for a while now isn't emissions friendly.

Keith

Ya didn't realize I guess you guys aren't deleted?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I am deleted but I have emissions yearly so I swap everything around once a year.

Keith

Coldbore

Reaction score
I'm deleted so I'll be ordering the H&S kit. I just can't seem to find the file I need to install on my minimax that it says I need for it. I'll call Monday I guess.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If you're deleted already, it disables the butterfly as it is. I don't believe there's anything else to do but swap out the tubes?

Keith

Reaction score
Since we are on the subject, should the butterfly be clean? I blew the upper connector about 2 weeks ago and replaced with a stock one on the job site. When i pulled it apart the butterfly was dirty and the substance was not dry black but not overly oily black.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I just did the 15 turbo retro kit on my 12 and didn't clean mine. Kinda nasty to think that crap is getting pumped back in there, huh!

Keith

Reaction score
Coldbore, I actually just did the H&S intercooler pipe kit friday on my truck. DEFINITELY worth it to knowing I wont have this problem! Mine did not fail, but feel like it is a matter of time before they do. The fit is great and the install is easy. Also looks a lot nicer under the hood. The only thing that sucks is taking your time cutting that steel band to remove the factory intercooler boot to reuse it. Take your time not to cut the boot. If you have a mini maxx, your throttle valve should already be unplugged and you dont need to do anything with tuning. Just remove the factory pipe and throttle valve, install the nice billet adapter and intercooler pipe, and thats it!

Spindrift

Reaction score
If you're deleted, you don't need to do anything to your file. I just did this to my truck. Give BigrPowr a call, he'll set you up.

Latest posts

Members online