turbo discussion (extreme3807 spin off)

blackmonster

Reaction score
Sounds like this new 74mm set up is the way to go!!
Do you think with 40" it will be the same and still light fast.
I think i am going to go for it!!! Nice.

Attachments

• JM4_small.jpg
    JM4_small.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 118
  • JM2_small.jpg
    JM2_small.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 107

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I was about to say, that looks like joe M's truck lol. Beautiful rig man.

extreme3807

Reaction score
The kits Craig is putting out is testament to the quality and drivability of the single chargers. If you are thinking about doing one, just do it. If anyone is ever in the SC area feel free to stop by and take a drive in it. I promise, you will be sold on one!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
kinda like how you said singles light better than twins.. lol

Mine lights faster than the stockers do, and thats on my extreme street tune. It's faster and pulls harder in every way, hell my mileage even went up a little.

It's a pretty darn good running set up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine lights faster than the stockers do, and thats on my extreme street tune. It's faster and pulls harder in every way, hell my mileage even went up a little.

It's a pretty darn good running set up.

too many variables there. stockers with a mild tune light very, very fast. stockers with a big tune, depending on tuner, light slower. i know the setup works well, also you will see better mileage because of the lower boost levels at cruising speed. but saying it lights better than twins.. not.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Do you have the s475 kit as well?

No the S366, I got a S480 to compound it with here soon.

too many variables there. stockers with a mild tune light very, very fast. stockers with a big tune, depending on tuner, light slower. i know the setup works well, also you will see better mileage because of the lower boost levels at cruising speed. but saying it lights better than twins.. not.

Not sure if you mean true twins or compounds, I haven't seen true twins on a 6.4 yet but that would be cool. I guess I'll see how it lights after the S480 goes on. So far though this is the fastest set up I've had on this truck, not that I've had a ton of different setups though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No the S366, I got a S480 to compound it with here soon.

Not sure if you mean true twins or compounds, I haven't seen true twins on a 6.4 yet but that would be cool. I guess I'll see how it lights after the S480 goes on. So far though this is the fastest set up I've had on this truck, not that I've had a ton of different setups though.

true twins...lol

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
The single kits do light fairly quick but the stockers do light quicker IMO, i still like the single kits but thats my opion

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
true twins...lol

Gotcha, are you hinting of a future setup?

The single kits do light fairly quick but the stockers do light quicker IMO, i still like the single kits but thats my opion

I can only speak for myself and truck but mine spools instantly on the Extreme Street tune. But I'm not running super tall tires.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

thanks buddy, aaron said the lag isnt bad, just needs some mid mph under converter tuning, but he said its pretty good.

Gotcha, are you hinting of a future setup?

nope. true twins on a diesel blow, unless they are tiny. i never thought anyone put the term "twins" in the same league as true twins.

Latest posts

Members online