turbo discussion (extreme3807 spin off)

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
thanks buddy, aaron said the lag isnt bad, just needs some mid mph under converter tuning, but he said its pretty good.

nope. true twins on a diesel blow, unless they are tiny. i never thought anyone put the term "twins" in the same league as true twins.

I've seen some on a few diesels just never a 6.4, just didn't know if that's something you were fixing to try.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The term "twins" has become pretty universal for compound setups. I rarely ever hear anyone in the high performance Cummins and Duramax community say compounds. Everyone just says twins and most know what is being talked about.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know of one truck with true parallel twins.. banks, and they are sized just to kight and then get gated around for spray.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
i know of one truck with true parallel twins.. banks, and they are sized just to kight and then get gated around for spray.

There's a 7.3 obs on here that's true twins too, runs pretty good from what I've seen of it. I also believe there is a duramax sled puller that's true twins and runs in the top of his class.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
There's a 7.3 obs on here that's true twins too, runs pretty good from what I've seen of it. I also believe there is a duramax sled puller that's true twins and runs in the top of his class.

It makes 450hp. They aren't gonna work like compounds or even a bigger single.

Unless you compound the parallel's.... Then you got a party.

There's a 6.7 local with triple turbo's in parallel. It supposedly is a 1000rwhp truck in fuel. I haven't seen anything on it lately. They were eating turbo's last I heard

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
that land speed ford was lucky to be making over 600. i have heard the details and they didnt make 700 on an engine dyno.

Matt

Reaction score
I hate to derail this more, but I am pretty positive that 6.7 is not a triple turbo truck, I know it has like a 45r on it, but I never saw anything saying it was a triple turbo set up, nor does it look like it is.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate to derail this more, but I am pretty positive that 6.7 is not a triple turbo truck, I know it has like a 45r on it, but I never saw anything saying it was a triple turbo set up, nor does it look like it is.

It's not.

Latest posts

Members online