turbo fail

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
so my turbo went out on my 2012 f350 on friday. i have 34k miles on my truck. i will be putting everything back to stock and hopefully warranty will cover it. has anyone had any trouble with their ford dealership? my truck is programmed with h&s mini maxx. i will be putting it back to oem setting. will they give me any trouble?

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
not tuned that long. running the spe tune. didnt hear anything that is was going just warmed up my truck waited for the temps to get up. toke off and boom. it was gone

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I thought I've read the dealership will still know it has been tuned unless the truck has a chance to regen. This information may or may not be true.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I lost a turbo with 21k miles, same tunes. Dealer not only said too bad, but tried to sell me another engine claiming "likely catastrophic failure" I can't say what they looked at but they didn't remove a damn thing. My advice to you would be to do the same thing I did and upgrade to the 15 retro kit. Even if they cover it, I'd be leary of trying another crap turbo failing down the road. And if they do deny it, they'll charge you more for the same crap stock turbo than a 15 retro kit costs. I spent $2900 on a retro kit and about 5 hours in the driveway. Hell of a lot cheaper than $18,015.00 plus tax they tried to get me for. I send oil samples every change and oil confirmed no wear metals whatsoever. I'm about to send a short run 1k mile change just to be sure but truck runs way better than before. If you want to stay tuned and deleted, I wouldn't put another stock turbo on there or you may be doing this again down the road. No warning with my turbo either, she just went. Good luck whichever route you go.

Keith

sootie

Reaction score
My turbo just went out on my 2012 f-450, is it gonna comtinue going out? And what is tht 15 retro kit?

yes it will. Give Morgan @ Midwest Diesel a call 217-691-1909 and get squared away with a 2015 turbo retrofit which will give you a slight bump in power and a lot more reliability.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
The kit comes with everything required to bolt a 15 turbo to the 11-14 trucks. Much more reliable, more power, and if you aren't tuned, you'll have nothing to worry about. Best bet if you ask me, no way I'd bolt up another crap stocker. Morgan can get you set up for sure!

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I just noticed you're tuned, DEFINTELY go with the 15 kit, much bigger bump in power over stock tuning. I think it's somewhere between 60-70hp. And if you're deleted, you'll lose the Rick Flair screech from the waste gate on the stocker too.

Keith

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I just noticed you're tuned, DEFINTELY go with the 15 kit, much bigger bump in power over stock tuning. I think it's somewhere between 60-70hp. And if you're deleted, you'll lose the Rick Flair screech from the waste gate on the stocker too.

Keith

Wooooooooh!

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Lol! Only thing I miss is the look on people's faces especially in parking lots!! Miss the WTF was that looks for sure.:D

Keith

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you you were making over 30psi of boost on that turbo, you blew it up. I don't think asking the dealer to warranty it, IF that was the case, is fair to ford. not sure if you are aware, but at 32psi the turbo is spinning WAY out of its map at 180,00rpm ... that isn't ford's fault, even though they gave us a turbo that was a turd.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if you you were making over 30psi of boost on that turbo, you blew it up. I don't think asking the dealer to warranty it, IF that was the case, is fair to ford. not sure if you are aware, but at 32psi the turbo is spinning WAY out of its map at 180,00rpm ... that isn't ford's fault, even though they gave us a turbo that was a turd.
wondering how long it would take for this to be said....

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.