Turbo goes KABOOM!!

bismic

Reaction score
If you do have a bad LPOP, you will probably need the gears, and a new front cover as well. Make sure the pressure regulator hasn't stuck open before buying parts.

Assuming it failed, interested in why it failed (hard to believe the air theory, but who knows), that isn't real common - usually "foreign object damage". Hopefully there is no metal in the pan. Wondering if the turbo failure was a cause or a result of the LPOP problem (probably a result, but still wondering about the cause of the LPOP failure)

Interesting threads:

https://www.dieselbombers.com/ford-powerstroke-03-07-6-0l/102924-05-lube-oil-pump-failure.html

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/19-2003-2007-6-0l-power-stroke/65670-broken-6-0l-lpop.html

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the links.. I read them.

So truck is running flawlessly now.. I have a question though. The replacement turbo came off my brothers truck, he got no more than 24lbs of boost out of it. I put in on my truck.. Its doing 32lbs of boost. I don't like that. Why is my truck producing so much boost. The day I bought it it sometimes would hit 30.. Now after the new stuff. The stock turbo is putting out 32psi. I have I n n o v a t i v e. Diesel Extreme X tune on it. Love it by the way! Used their tunes before so no need to switch to anyone else

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
because you have a 155/30 on a stock charger. youll see those boost levels . and I did say your shaft would have been broken , it happens . have you checked the oil for metal ? don't continue to run the truck if you have a potential serious issue. drop the oil get it analyzed. or risk catastrophic damages. lpops are a a pain to change.. lots have to come out.

johnp115

Reaction score
Thanks for the links.. I read them.

So truck is running flawlessly now.. I have a question though. The replacement turbo came off my brothers truck, he got no more than 24lbs of boost out of it. I put in on my truck.. Its doing 32lbs of boost. I don't like that. Why is my truck producing so much boost. The day I bought it it sometimes would hit 30.. Now after the new stuff. The stock turbo is putting out 32psi. I have I n n o v a t i v e. Diesel Extreme X tune on it. Love it by the way! Used their tunes before so no need to switch to anyone else

from what i have seen with 6.0s every truck is different and even turbo to turbo isn't exactly the same.

This was a 03 turbo with billet compressor wheel on one of the 6.0s i had... yes the video shows from a glow shift gauge but i actually confirmed this with a manual gauge and the dash gauge was pegged lol.. this is so far passed the efficiency range, but whatever, it didn't blow up.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
I took the blown up turbo apart.. this is what I find.. those 3 bolts were lose.. from what, I don't know. Could that have been a culprit?
RCD said I would be good to go on their 155/30's with stock turbo..

Attachments

• 20170320_193637.jpg
    20170320_193637.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20170320_193702.jpg
    20170320_193702.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.