turbo leakin oil out exhaust side?

sgleshot

Reaction score
ok, was sniffin around under the hood and noticed that ive got a pretty good amount of oil that has leaked from where the van turbo exhaust flange meets the downpipe on my rig. I've had plans to go through the turbo and smash a rebuild kit in it for a month or so now. But I just wanted to confirm that it is plausible that if the seal on the exhauste side gives up the ghoste that its most likely pissing oil into that side of the turbo and out the exhaust? Anyone ever experience this before?

rat49f6

Reaction score
As long as the weeks haven't contacted the housings you should be good to go with just a rebuild

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

sgleshot

Reaction score
i havnt heard anything that would lead me to believe that they have, stock turbo that came on the truck made some bad noises when the wheels contacted both sides, sounded like a die grinder. So the oil leakage is something that has been seen before im assuming?

rat49f6

Reaction score
Yep I have a e99 turbo on the bench now with that very issue...oil seal on the exhaust side is the like culprit

Got my rebuild kit from riff raff... Van turbo kit will be the same as a stock turbo rebuild kit

sgleshot

Reaction score
Yep I have a e99 turbo on the bench now with that very issue...oil seal on the exhaust side is the like culprit

Got my rebuild kit from riff raff... Van turbo kit will be the same as a stock turbo rebuild kit

10-4 I already got the rebuild kit sittin in the glove box, just been hard findin the time to put the truck down to do it.

sgleshot

Reaction score
this is what i found when i pulled the turbo apart

2011-07-21_13-31-06_292.png

good thing i had a spare parts turbo kickin around.

neverkickn

Reaction score
good thing i had a spare parts turbo kickin around.

Heard that. I had to throw my spare charger on today before I could go work. It is at the turbo shop now getting worked. Having spare parts is nice:D

sgleshot

Reaction score
anyone have one of these spacer majigers that goes behind the turbine?

rat49f6

Reaction score
Ill check ther condition of mine when I get off work...pm me ur shipping info

Latest posts

Members online