Turbo loses boost/pressure only whe it's gets colder

Brucesearly99

Reaction score
I can be driving down the road in overdrive with engine at normal operating temp but only when it's below 45 give or take a few, and it's like the wastage or whatever else is I there that holds pressure will let go and the truck looses all power, motor stays running, let off the gas and feather it a little bit and it will go back to normal. It'll do This the whole time when I'm driving back and forth, I don't know if there is some other valve in there that lets go, or what. I don't know if this works on vacuum or not, I did put manual lock outs last year and my defroster is stuck on. None of the other functions work. I don't know if the two are related or not. Early 99 7.3 6 speed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Yeah, happened to me. Same year truck, 6spd, etc. Fairly common. I didn't get the chance to fix it right away, but a chunk of bailing wire wrapped around the actuating rod fixed it until it could be dealt with properly.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ this. The valve will stay open when unplugged.

Its a system that's supposed to work only when the engine oil temp is cold (to aid in warmup). But its typically not needed.

crcrawford87

Reaction score
Plug the lines going to your vacuum hubs or plug the line going to the vacuum solenoid as you don't need it anymore and your vents will work again.

Latest posts

Members online