Turbo making odd noise

JoesEX

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/U7gYUJ0bwxc

My truck has been doing this for 2 days now. Feels like it may be slightly laggy from a stop and makes that whooshing noise more at low speeds. It also does it when you get back in the throttle from coasting. Once I get to speed and I'm cruising I don't hear it. Anyone else experienced this.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Kinda hard for me to hear it as my speakers suck. Could be a hole in the plastic tube, especially where the sensor goes in. They like to blow out occasionally. Could be a hole in the hot side too. Sounds like a boost leak to me...

JoesEX

Reaction score
Yea i thought the same thing but I looked and felt around the intake and all the tubes and didn't find anything. I figured if it was a boost leak I'd hear it all the time.

6.7powerstrokeguy

Reaction score
i heard slight whine noise like bearing noise and i think turbo maybe failing. you might want to pull the plenum off and check the turbo.

Last edited:

JoesEX

Reaction score
I didn't hear any bearing noise. I'm not sure if anyone else's truck makes the "sssssht" noise after driving then putting it in park but it's that same noise only when I'm driving. I plan to pull the intake tomorrow and look at the turbo. Basically I'm just looking for any play in the wheel correct ? Anything else I should be looking for?

6.7powerstrokeguy

Reaction score
if u listen really to close 0:18 to 0:23 of the video u will hear a faint whine noise. yeah check for shaft play.

Last edited:

JoesEX

Reaction score
So after looking closer it was the ebp tube which was disconnected at the pipe. Rebooted her to the pipe and she's running like a champ.

jwalk09

Reaction score
So after looking closer it was the ebp tube which was disconnected at the pipe. Rebooted her to the pipe and she's running like a champ.

Could you post a pic where the ebp tube is located ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoesEX

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to load pics but the tube is located on passager side of truck at the rear of the engine may be difficult to see if your egr is still in place. The sensor is attached to the tube that runs to the turbo.

Latest posts

Members online