Turbo Removal

MichaelB6.0

Reaction score
Hey guy's I'm new to the forum and I am working on the IPR Valve for my 03 f-250 6.0. I'm in the process on removing the turbo from the pedestal. The last bolt I need to get off is the one behind the turbo but its not moving at all do to lack of leverage. Anyone have any tips on how to crack that bolt lose without raising the cab?

Gary

Reaction score
Use a good 6 point 10mm socket, a little valve grind compound will help the socket bit better, then I use a flex handle snap on 1/4 ratchet and I slide a piece of small pipe over it so I can get the most leverage possible, most times that works well. If it's still to tight then I'll drive the ratchet with a air hammer, I actually cut a piece of pipe and welded rings on it so the air hammer bit won't slide off. I made the piece of pipe just for that bolt, some of them can be a PITA.
Don't round it off or your............ well you know. LOL

04 f350

Reaction score
If you end up getting it off, do yourself a favor and don't even put that bolt back in when you go to install the turbo, the front two bolts hold it in just fine

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hey guy's I'm new to the forum and I am working on the IPR Valve for my 03 f-250 6.0. I'm in the process on removing the turbo from the pedestal. The last bolt I need to get off is the one behind the turbo but its not moving at all do to lack of leverage. Anyone have any tips on how to crack that bolt lose without raising the cab?

I use a 10mm gear wrench. It they're REALLY stuck in there, I have a snap on wrench special made for 6.0 turbo removal. It's basically a 6 point box end straight wrench. I've had em rusted on bad enough I've had to tap it with a hammer before. Don't go torque crazy on re installation, and you won't have that problem next time.

Rogue1987

Reaction score
I've had luck with a long snap on Ratchet (tll72 I think) and a 6 point socket. Not much room to work around it either way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online