turbo timer

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Long story short I usually lend my truck out quite a bit, my main concern is someone( my girlfriend) sticking her foot into it and then pulling in and shuttting it off.... Anyone run a turbo timer? If so which brand? I was thinking my old clifford remote start on my tundra had a turbo timer option but I cant remember... Id throw that on it that way i have remote start to.... Thanks guys

pog

Reaction score
I got a compustar. Ur avrg two way remote system. Its setup so the turbo timer kicks in if your in P and engage parking brake. It'll idle for 2 mins. The down side, car stereo will stay on for the full ten minutes or so because the truck thinks the door was never opened when you leave and timer starts to count down.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Awesome that bd is what im looking for...based off temp vs time.... I like it....come on overtime...gotta buysome truck parts

JDub

Reaction score
I ran the Edge Insight monitor with their Turbo Timer accessory. Was super easy to install, just had to tap onto a couple fuses and then used the monitor to set the time or temp for shut down.

chromehound

Reaction score
Awesome that bd is what im looking for...based off temp vs time.... I like it....come on overtime...gotta buysome truck parts

The thing I don't like about this version, and IIRC the old version was the same, is that if the desired shutdown EGT isin't reached within the set time of 5mins the truck shuts down anyways, just seemed to defeat the purpose of the timer IMO. Probably not a big issue with a DD though.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
You can run a viper smartstart alarm/remote start combo that will do this. Just hit the remote start button on your key fob when your getting out of your truck and take the key out. It can run for however long you want it to. Then it will either shut down automatically or you can kill it by pushing the remote start button again.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
my viper 5701 system was supposed to have one but i've never been able to get it to work. I just sit in the truck for a minute or two

chromehound

Reaction score
my viper 5701 system was supposed to have one but i've never been able to get it to work. I just sit in the truck for a minute or two

If you have a remote starter setup all you need to do is push the same button combo that you use to start the truck while the key is in the ignition and the truck is running, you should hear a click and then you can turn off the ignition and remove the key-just don't touch the brake or the engine shuts down. After a preset time (usually 12-15min) the truck will shut down. At least this is how all 3 of my Viper systems worked.

Wayne

Reaction score
I ran the Edge Insight monitor with their Turbo Timer accessory. Was super easy to install, just had to tap onto a couple fuses and then used the monitor to set the time or temp for shut down.
:whs: It's a super nice gauge package, easy to install, and works off of time or temp. Can't go wrong here.:toast:

01PSD

Reaction score
Exactly how important is this?
You know there are thousands of people who just drive their trucks like they stole it then pull it and shut it off right away. Any time I run the truck hard or rev it up a time or two I always try to let it sit for maybe 10-30 seconds when I get to where I'm going before I shut it off.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I just let the truck idle until EGT's cool down.

I can't remember it ever taking more than 15-20 seconds.

My wife has been instructed to do the same when she drives my truck.

pog

Reaction score
Yeah I normally just wait for egts to drop 300>. Doesn't take more than a minute.

sly1types

Reaction score
my new python you just hit function 2 times the remote start button and it runs for 3 min.

Latest posts

Members online