Turbo woes, best options?

Dieseldr99

Reaction score
My 01 has a bad turbo surge around 18-20 psi boost, it's done it since I bought it used and already modified, it drives me nuts, beyond that I have had two failures in not many miles.

The first failure the seals went out and the exhaust wheel was beat up. This may have been a previous failure. The truck had a new reman engine when I bought
it and they may have reused the turbo.

I installed a new garret center cartridge it failed in 6 months of daily driving but not a lot of miles. This failure the shaft broke at the hot turbine.

The truck has a few bolt on'a banks six gun, banks intake, full 4" exhaust, fass, it's supposed to be stock injectors.

I want a turbo that will last odiously and I want rid of the surge. What's the best options?
Thanks
Justin

Bluke

Reaction score
My vote goes to the Kc38r. It comes with a billet wheel and a high flow outlet for just under $1500.

Dieseldr99

Reaction score
My vote goes to the Kc38r. It comes with a billet wheel and a high flow outlet for just under $1500.

Big thanks for the heads up on the kc38r. It eliminated all previous issues. And hasn't missed a beat!

The shipping was super fast, completely stress free transaction. I couldn't be happier.

Latest posts

Members online