Twin Scroll turbo

torque beast

Reaction score
Another difference was the scrolls looked to be the same size but each side of the wheel was different size

torque beast

Reaction score
I'll be damn if I can find it. I ran across this why searching for info on the new Cummins v8 and happen to run across this. Beginning to think it was just a prototype somebody is working on to improve the divided turbo. Anyway, Merry Christmas to ya'll and hope to you have a good safe day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
This thread was a waste of time. Don't think anyone understands what I'm getting at. It's not a single scroll, not a normal divided (twin scroll), or vgt. Was listed as a twin scroll but looked like both scroll were the same size but had a weird looking exhaust wheel. Mods you can close this.

Inline6359

Reaction score
Not sure, can't find the info I was reading earlier but yes it was divided and the valve is closed at idle/low rpm to direct all exhaust through one side and then open up as rpm raises to reduce bp

Sounds like the BD spool valve or similar unit used on divided housing turbos. It's not rpm that opens the valve it's boost pressure, and they are used typically to help spool larger turbos.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
isnt the stock turbo on 11-14 trucks a twin scroll or sequential wheeled turbo?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
07f72e0913c61d24e14755f51077f219.jpg

live life full throttle

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
11-14 are sst sequential single turbos. A dual turbo run off of a single shaft. The high pressure and low pressure at driven off of the same compressor.

they are parallel "compressors" run together. there is no valve to switch between the identical sides of the compressor wheel

Notneb

Reaction score
All joking aside, SX-E turbo's are the closest thing to what you're talking about and they just came out recently I believe? They're a twin scroll turbo, H&S are the only ones I've seen that actually make a kit with a 90 degree housing that works on our trucks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
11-14 are sst sequential single turbos. A dual turbo run off of a single shaft. The high pressure and low pressure at driven off of the same compressor.
so when you say scroll, it pertains to the turbine side?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online