twin sizing

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
if you want 850-1000hp fuel only on a 6.0 your going to have lag.... sorry Dustin but this isnt a 6.4 lol highest I can think of a 62 making on a 6.0 is 680-700ish but that was with a smaller low pressure.

Im running a 66 88 set up on the ranger and I love it. spools awesome and makes good power. but I have no clue if its close to the op's expectations pulled 128mph last night fuel only with the convertor not locking (I think)

Last edited:

stroker57

Reaction score
if you want 850-1000hp fuel only on a 6.0 your going to have lag.... sorry Dustin but this isnt a 6.4 lol highest I can think of a 62 making on a 6.0 is 680-700ish but that was with a smaller low pressure.

Im running a 66 88 set up on the ranger and I love it. spools awesome and makes good power. but I have no clue if its close to the op's expectations pulled 128mph last night fuel only with the convertor not locking (I think)

What size injectors are you running? And what hp you think it's making ?

stroker57

Reaction score
Do u think 66/88 will have enough air to support my goal or should I look into bigger ? Would like to use the injectors to there full potential

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
funny how no one replied to this post. He has done it before not just what iffing it.

wont come close to the op's hp expectations

bd t4 diverter valve, set up to keep one valute closed to 25psi will give u good drivability. better than any t4 divided pipes will. this turbo setup on a 6.4 or anything common rail would make way north of 1000hp. on a 6 leaker, you'd be happy, a s471/83/.90 t4 or if u have lots of money talk to forced induction,

kdogg85

Reaction score
1st off, a crapload of money.

The 366 may work great or a 372, with a 515 or gtx55. I have no clue how the gtx would act and this is apples to oranges, but my wife's truck runs 366/515 combo, and it is brutal. There is no transition point between turbos, where the primary takes over. No sooner than the tranny downshifts, your gone.

Your gonna need the heads opened to the max, intake manifold totally gutted and smoothed, plus headers. I would think with that kind of fuel, 2.25" up pipes just to help out drive pressure.

stroker57

Reaction score
bd t4 diverter valve, set up to keep one valute closed to 25psi will give u good drivability. better than any t4 divided pipes will. this turbo setup on a 6.4 or anything common rail would make way north of 1000hp. on a 6 leaker, you'd be happy, a s471/83/.90 t4 or if u have lots of money talk to forced induction,

Did you drive this set up on the street at all ? And what size injectors did you run Shawn ?

windrunner408

Reaction score
1st off, a crapload of money...Your gonna need the heads opened to the max, intake manifold totally gutted and smoothed, plus headers...

^^^Yep. This is an interesting point IMO. How much boost are you planning on pushing OP?? Since we're discussing 850+hp, how much boost do folks think that he would need to push to get the air flow for his HP goals??

Extended Power

Reaction score
Haha...:LOL Using 430/150's to their full potential....without nitrous, it will NEVER happen dude.

If you have any smoke, they aren't at their full potential.

Hope you get a setup that works good. I like seeing more people try different things.

stroker57

Reaction score
Good numbers for that set up. The 66/88 sounds like a good pair will spool quick and be fun on the street if 63/80 and 285s did 790 I would think 66/88 and 430s would be around 900 plus the main thing I don't want is a pig on the street like I have now lol

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I don't think you're going to get close to 1000 fuel only no matter how much fuel you throw at it. Heads don't physically flow enough. IMO, 430's is just going to be a smokey, hot bitch. Downsize your injectors and match them properly and you'll be much happier with your setup. I have 255's and 63 over 80 and it can still get dirty. Still way more power than I can really use on the street.

stroker57

Reaction score
I understand about the heads I really don't want to pull them off to have them ported unless I have to what's the most that everyone feels you can get out of a twin set and still be somewhat streetable ?

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
I'm with Nate, low to mid 700's. I mean if you're set on 800-1000 on fuel, you're gonna have to port/polish those heads. And even then, there's only so much that can be taken off. Now, make a streetable twin, shoot for 700's and spray if you really want to reach those numbers.

Latest posts

Members online