twin stock pumps not keeping up

Arisley

Reaction score
My boys truck has 250/100's and gauge don't budge either. Strong truck.
Marty's Fuel dual stock pumps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is pretty much a homebuilt Marty's setup. I pretty much got the design straight from him. It freaking works. I lost a pump once. Still worked fine unless I got into it hard. Bought a used pump for 50 bucks and rocked on.

Rubyred

Reaction score
Mikeeg02 ill keep it in mind. The truck kind of got on the back burner for now trying to finish up hay season

Rubyred

Reaction score
I know this setup is known to be good for this setup, thats why im trying to figure out where or what went wrong to not hold 65psi in an Economy tune at the least

co04cobra

Reaction score
IMO. Forget a POS walboro and go another route. They work fine while they work, but longevity isn't their strong point.

I've killed a few and had customers do the same. Lots of people may disagree, but why do things over, and over, and over when a good quality pump, rated for diesel fuel, is ~$400.

Another thing that's "pushed" by a some vendors are sumps. That's another crock of sh!t IMO. A upgraded draw straw with a "good" fuel system and/or pump should not have problem supplying volume and pressure, while maintaining some longevity.

Swaan

Reaction score
I'm another guy who has had no luck with Walboro pumps,compleat garbage.
I put a fuel lab on there and it's been good , no problems.
I'm also running a sump with 5/8 line feeding the pump.

Arisley

Reaction score
IMO. Forget a POS walboro and go another route. They work fine while they work, but longevity isn't their strong point.

I've killed a few and had customers do the same. Lots of people may disagree, but why do things over, and over, and over when a good quality pump, rated for diesel fuel, is ~$400.

Another thing that's "pushed" by a some vendors are sumps. That's another crock of sh!t IMO. A upgraded draw straw with a "good" fuel system and/or pump should not have problem supplying volume and pressure, while maintaining some longevity.
I also agree with the improved draw straw.
You do have to pay attention to installation. Cut the bottom at a slight angle to keep the bottom of the tank from being sucked up to the bottom of the straw and blocking the fuel supply.

fordman67

Reaction score
-400$ for a pump ?!?!

I'm not rich,my 79$ walbro has been flawless for 3 going on 4 years. It's whisper quiet and my in cab fuel pressure gauge never fluctuates even on a hard pull in a big tune.

Is it the be all end all, maybe not..? For my $ I can buy 2 more spares and still have 150$ for fuel left over lol

But to each his own guys do what you feel is correct

Arisley

Reaction score
My two 50 dollar each pumps have been going strong for over 100K miles. I did have to replace one, but the truck ran fine with only one pump. Held 65 lbs unless I went WOT for more than a couple seconds.

co04cobra

Reaction score
-400$ for a pump ?!?!

I'm not rich,my 79$ walbro has been flawless for 3 going on 4 years. It's whisper quiet and my in cab fuel pressure gauge never fluctuates even on a hard pull in a big tune.

Is it the be all end all, maybe not..? For my $ I can buy 2 more spares and still have 150$ for fuel left over lol

But to each his own guys do what you feel is correct

$400 doesn't seem so bad to help protect a $2k+ set of injectors...or not have a tow bill OR not have to drift backwards down a mountain, beside a tour bus, in a passing lane. (that's where my first one chose to fail)

Or at least go the dual stock pump route because they are reliable.

Last edited:

Nick7.3

Reaction score
My Walbro lasted nearly 5 years with 70k miles used after filter and with a sump. Still going strong to the guy I sold it too

Swaan

Reaction score
Walboro pumps are simply not rated for diesel.
Some guys have had good luck but more then most, me included have had no luck. .
And when they do **** the bed you notice the truck not running right and by the time you figure out you have no fuel pressure the damage to your injectors is already done. But hey its your truck..

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I had an in cab fuel pressure gauge always at 65psi. I don't remember it not saying it wouldn't work for diesel I remember that they wouldn't warranty it for diesel applications not sure though. Irate sells them in there kits so I don't think they would be that terrible..

Jomax

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a driven diesel dual fuel pump kit? Minus the pumps.

Latest posts

Members online