Typical peak boost running RCD 585?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What's the typical peak boost #'s on just trucks w/ a tuner & exhaust preferably running RCD 585, others appreciated as well?

My SCT will read out 46 fairly easy just rolling into the throttle, haven't seen it go any higher tho... Should this be a big no no to run it up that high?

One last thing, what is the typical price of having studs & better head gaskets being installed? Thanx

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you will want to PM a vendor like Rudy's, hallers, RCD, Elite, ect for a price on the gasket job

What tune are you running on the sct?

Bigger tunes usually make 50-55 psi of boost

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
:whs:

Most tunes in the same range as the RCD 585 make anywhere from 48-55 psi. Only reason I say as low as 48 is because I can only muster out 48-49 out of my truck with our 310, but I see reports of people seeing as high as 55 psi with stock everything and no puking. Pretty crazy.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am currently seeing 52 out the the spartan 310. I use to see at high as 60 with the old spartan 310 on stock head gaskets. I would not expect the headgaskets to last very long over 50psi.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
DZ, RCD 585

Has anyone ran the RCD 585, Spartan 310, or Innovatives big tune & did a comparison of the three or actual dyno #'s of all 3? Just out of curiosity...

I would think my truck would pull a lil higher boost #'s if i had a nice CAI, all i have right now is a K&N w/ the top of the factory box removed... Also will be doing a full EGR delete in the next week or 2.

Always been around friends w/ diesels & this is my 1st to own, still trying to get the in & outs of it and have had it for about a month!! Thanx fella's...

IMG_0051.jpg

3brorce

Reaction score
I was wondering how the 585 trans tuning is compared to Eric's x-race? Not sure on boost sorry.

BFT

Reaction score
I was wondering how the 585 trans tuning is compared to Eric's x-race? Not sure on boost sorry.

You are given trans options on Erics tunes, not too sure with RCD it I'm sure they will help you out.

I've seen over 50 with the spartan 310 but only briefly, and have seen 50-51 with Eric's x race and 48 on the KEM 345.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Where are you located for the stud job ?

I'm in Cincy,Ohio. Not wanting to do it @ this particurlar time, just curious of what something like that cost for future reference.

Twin turbo, which RCD tune? I'm running the 585 right now & getting horrible mileage around 12mpg & thats being very easy on it... Damn dash reads out i'm geting 19mpg, I WISH!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.