Up pipe time

Poon

Reaction score
Yes I have it all unbolted. So you are saying to push it up into the collector, sliding the doughnut down further onto the up pipe and the it will turn, and come out ?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Yes I have it all unbolted. So you are saying to push it up into the collector, sliding the doughnut down further onto the up pipe and the it will turn, and come out ?

I am saying that it worked for me. But I wasn't using the brass gaskets either. I don't know how well those will slide on the uppie.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
he will have to loosen the bolts holding that up pipe in the collector. the ones that create the sandwich for the donuts.

then he MIGHT be able to push the pipe up and in, to be able to turn and pull out.

what you need to understand, is you have new donuts, that have expanded to fit correctly, but not enough heat cycles to get loose like the ones you just replaced. this is why you put new ones in to begin with.

what your goin to try to do, is goin to suck.

my suggestion, is if it gives you a big problem, and you know someone with a tranny jack, loosen the trans, and slide it back. dont have to completely remove it, just slide it back a couple inches. that will give you the room your probably goin to end up needing.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
To rekindle an old thread, where did you get the brass gaskets?

Just go to your local parts store and get the gaskets. Try not to get the Felpro 8194 gaskets though. A lot of guys have used them with decent results, but I could not get them to crush at all. Try to get the Victor Reinz F17250. It is the composite graphite type material and it will crush very nicely. I have had this setup on my uppies for about 4000 miles and no issues yet.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
a small block chevy brass gasket, is all thats needed. there about $3-5 at the local parts store.

you can get them from ford for like $8-10.

i got the ford ones, cuz they had them on hand, and i didnt have to make a trip to anywhere else to get them.

Poon

Reaction score
Beans, for brass ones.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online