upgraded 08 super duty track bar

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I want to get rid of the ball joint style track bar and looking at the readylift track bar. The only prob is that the kit uses heim joints and I'd rather have a track bar that uses bushing cuz heim joints seem to make clunk and unwanted noises early in there lifes and have to be replaced on a pretty regular basis. Anyone know of a track for the 08 super duty that uses bushings? Thanks!

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
looked at there website and according to the picture it reuses the stock ball joint. I'm looking for a track bar setup that gets rid of the ball joint and possible replace it with a clevis and bushing similar to the style track bar the 99-04 super duty's had. thanks tho.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
The bushings would wear out to fast and cause death wobble . That's why the upgrade ones use rod ends . My old icon used to chew up the top bushings twice a year .

IdahoF350

Reaction score
The ball joint is on the axle end, there really isn't a better option at that end because the swing if the axle through the suspension travel is an arc perpendicular to the arc of the track bar itself. The ball joint needs to stay.

The frame end is the end you see the poly bushing or spherical rod end on from Icon, Carli, PMF, Ready Lift, Etc. That end is the end you want in polyurethane to prevent clunking. But just like the rod ends wear and start clunking, the poly will eventually soften and you'll pick up some additional movement that can lead to death wobble. I had the DR/Icon on my '05 for 30k, and it was used with 40k on it when I got it, it was quiet with the big rod end, but I preloaded it about 1/2 turn to the passenger side.

Sent by my right thumb!

Latest posts

Members online