Upgraded trans solenoids not compatible with spartan tuners?

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Hey guys I am in process of trying to order my trans solenoids for my 2008. Mine are out of spec and I wanted to buy the upgrades trans solenoids. I was looking at the website for the upgrades line pressure and also direct clutch solenoids they both say not compatible with spartan tuners. Does anyone know of this is true or not?
I have sct now but wanted to update to a spartan tuner. Please let me know if there is upgrades solenoids that work with spartan tuners.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The upgraded solenoid's add psi by themselves. Spartan also adds a chit ton of psi. The only way you can run booth would be custom tunes to pull some pressure out. As far as I know, spartan does not custom tune. Trans breakage is a concern with using bolth on a 6.4. If you are going to do spartan later?

Just buy a fresh lpc, and direct sols and call it a day.

Stroked777

Reaction score
From what I hear is the upgraded solenoids with a spartan tuner makes for harsh shifts. I would personally stick with the SCT because it supports custom tunes. Most people buy a spartan for their first tuner then end up getting rid of it because they want custom tunes and they don't offer that

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Yeah but my sct 5015 has custom egr dpf off tunes but the downfall about it is the hp levels only are up to 250hp and I want bigger tunes. I talked to gear head and inovative diesel and they are unsure if there tunes will work on my sct or not

Latest posts

Members online