Using arps again?

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal, I have an 05 6.0 studded and deleted w/ about 40,000 miles on the stud job. Truck has puked twice in the past couple months so I pressurized the bottle to 15psi and it dropped to 8 psi in less than 5 minutes. Can't hear any external leaks and don't have an egr to leak so I'm thinking headgaskets again. Only problem is I don't know what gaskets the last shop used or what the studs were torqued to. So my question is should I reuse the studs? I'll be redoing the studs myself at rescue250's new shop.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
15psi leaking by has nothing to do with gaskets. You have a leak somewhere else. Not saying your gaskets aren't blown but 15psi won't leak past even a blown gasket.

I wouldn't re use them.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just measure the length of the stud... if it's yielded the length will be incorrect. I'll look and see if I still have the specs kicking around. I re-used mine. I wouldn't fear re-using them, but of course I would check them out first. Though, with the extreme studs available now, I would be tempted to use those.

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
15psi leaking by has nothing to do with gaskets. You have a leak somewhere else. Not saying your gaskets aren't blown but 15psi won't leak past even a blown gasket.

I wouldn't re use them.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping lol, I haven't seen any external coolant leaks, I might pressurize it again and check the degas bottle for cracks, I'm just wondering why its puked a couple times. Coolant has been at the min line since day one. Btw were you at Rudys? I saw a truck similar to yours there.

04cr450

Reaction score
Drew, how about just checking to see if your degas cap is bad? they are known to go bad and is an easy check/fix. A bad cap can have symptoms of puking.

swinky

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping lol, I haven't seen any external coolant leaks, I might pressurize it again and check the degas bottle for cracks, I'm just wondering why its puked a couple times. Coolant has been at the min line since day one. Btw were you at Rudys? I saw a truck similar to yours there.

Yeah man must of been me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
how about throwing a pressure gauge on the deags while you drive it that it the best way to see if the HG's are a prob

but your system should hold PSI better than it is for the static test

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you end up needing new studs hit me up. hope you dont though.

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
Drew, how about just checking to see if your degas cap is bad? they are known to go bad and is an easy check/fix. A bad cap can have symptoms of puking.

Hey Greg yea I replaced the cap a couple months ago, the old one was bad and could hear pressure bleeding off after it was run hard. Btw shoot me a text about that powermax wheel so I have your number for when I take it to Kevin's.

how about throwing a pressure gauge on the deags while you drive it that it the best way to see if the HG's are a prob

but your system should hold PSI better than it is for the static test
That's the next thing on my list to do, just gotta buy a gauge

if you end up needing new studs hit me up. hope you dont though.

Thanks man appreciate it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online