Vacuum hose size for boost gauge?

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you are talking about. The link doesnt really show anything. Got a pic?

Charles

Reaction score
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/black-7-color-60psi-boost-gauge.aspx

Just got this boost gauge and I'm sure I'll need more hose than it comes with, plus I'd like to use black or red. Anybody know what size I would need to buy and the best place to get it (site vendors)? Also, is there any need for hose clamps on the ends? I'm still running the stock turbo.

Surely it uses some sort of teflon type line with compression ends. In fact, it lists that it comes with a ferrule fitting. I don't know why it wouldn't come with two.... one for each end.... but anyway, It's almost surely the same old "plastic" line that most all pressure gauges use.

And you can get it in black, as it's usually clear. IIRC, Napa may have it in black. It's probably 1/8" line.

It's probably going to look like this:

22166.jpg

The bigger sizes come in all kinds of colors, the 1/8" might be harder to find in a variety.

strokin6L

Reaction score
the line for boost gauges is 1/8" line. Just get some compression fittings and dont use the stupid white plastic T and rubber boot...that chit is stupid.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Charles beat me to it. But carquest has the clear line also. Not sure if you'd need any more cause it said that 9' comes with the gauge.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I figured it was 1/8 hose. It comes with clear, but black or red will look better under the hood.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
glowshift doesnt use the nice harder plastic tubing, its cheesy rubber hose...

any hardware store will have it.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
glowshift doesnt use the nice harder plastic tubing, its cheesy rubber hose...

any hardware store will have it.

Figured as much. Got a great deal on the gauge from a guy who bought the gauge and didn't use it. BTW, anybody who needs a 2 gauge pillar pod let me know.

strokin6L

Reaction score
if glowshift uses rubber hose....you can use rubber windshield washer tubing. I got this stuff from carquest and use it for my boost reference for my snow water/meth kit. It's 1/8" rubber line.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yupp, i got 8 feet for like 10 bucks at the local hardware, but it was clear, parker dealers sell it too.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Orileys or advanced autoparts will have a kit with the line and fittings in it for a boost/ vacum gauge. It is in a autometer package. That is what I used when I reinstalled my gauges in the new truck

Latest posts

Members online