Vinyl Decal Remover

genie144

Reaction score
Guys

I need some help. I acquired a truck that needs to have the ugly old vinyl removed before it can get an upgrade. I've done small pinstripes and graphics but this is ~200sqft of vinyl that I need removed.

Any chemical assistance that works faster/easier than heat gun and scraper?

Sam

Jomax

Reaction score
3m eraser wheel, costs about 40 bucks but well worth it. Put it on a cordless drill and it just takes it all off. Follow with 3M adhesive remover.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

genie144

Reaction score
Thanx jomax. I've been working on the small stuff the old fashioned way - heat gun and credit card. Have an eraser wheel and the chisels on the way (couldn't find my chisels). 1 door down so far:

20150822_172955-1_zpse6brezpc.jpg

20150823_132513_zpsabnk7kwr.jpg

Sam

Zaairman

Reaction score
My truck had miles of pin stripe on it when I bought it, an eraser wheel took it off the best. You'll have to play with the drill speeds so you don't mar the paint, my drill was best on low speed then hammer down on the trigger.

Jomax

Reaction score
My truck had miles of pin stripe on it when I bought it, an eraser wheel took it off the best. You'll have to play with the drill speeds so you don't mar the paint, my drill was best on low speed then hammer down on the trigger.

X2. Slower was better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

genie144

Reaction score
I've used a solid wheel in the past for pinstripes but nothing like a 12sqft decal. USPS delayed my shipment so won't be able to work on it until likely this weekend if we don't go camping. I'm not overly concerned with it marring paint. The entire truck is going to get a new coat of paint and then some graphics. Won't look anything like it currently does over the next few months.

Sam

genie144

Reaction score
For anyone wondering the same question... don't waste money on a 3m wheel. It is to costly for large areas. Best I've found is great (sun) and a chemical Vinyl Off or Reflective Off. Nothing else comes close. The chemicals are expensive too but cover a very large area. Generous application is warranted.

Sam

Latest posts

Members online