Vision diesel shop truck

mandkole

Reaction score
Very nice guys--its always awesome to rip to the frame and reassemble with clean and new parts. Followed the early posts on the FB but nice seeing the big pics. Even got a bonus seeing our hose assemblies on the shock reservoirs.. Well done!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Def need more fuel. Don't waste your time on a s300 series...smallest turbo I'd put on that truck is 467.7FMW .90 exhaust.
Truly we are in no rush to make big power. There is a reason it's got tiny fuel and a vgt. We just want to enjoy it for awhile and possibly compete in the 11.90 bracket racing around here for awhile.

Haven't even put it in a power tune and it's already fun haha

strokin6L

Reaction score
How much was the redhead steering box and where did you get it? I'm pulling the cab in mine in a few weeks. Was gonna replace the steering lines cause they are pretty rusty, but the hex head of the fittings for them that go into the box are so rotten I can't even use a wrench to get them off. Figured it'd be a good time to replace the lines and box while they're out in the open and the cab is up.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Great build
Thanks Jacob!
How much was the redhead steering box and where did you get it? I'm pulling the cab in mine in a few weeks. Was gonna replace the steering lines cause they are pretty rusty, but the hex head of the fittings for them that go into the box are so rotten I can't even use a wrench to get them off. Figured it'd be a good time to replace the lines and box while they're out in the open and the cab is up.
We can get you a box, we are a distributor for them.
truck looks great.

Thank you!

matt92idi

Reaction score
It could absolutely use more fuel, but our goal is to push these 30s to the absolute max and just enjoy it for a couple of months. We are going to lose the 68 eventually and go full T4 with a nice GTX or FMW s300 charger, then it will be big injector time after that!

I'd be real curious if you ran a gtx charger just because if heard they have some serious surging issues but I would love a ball bearing set up

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Dave and I were discussing the actual sale price and it hasnt been set as only a couple distributors have ever seen the kit.

If there was enough interest I could probably get him to release our "cost" to me and use the structure to get a ballpark retail

Absolutely!

Pricing is far from set, but with coilovers being what they are (for nice ones) that dictates a lot of the price. Then adding the cost of the beefier ALA setup (the adjustable arms with this kit have even more intense joints and adjust ability than the ALA kit currently being sold for 05+ trucks) to the price of the coilovers, and it already has a large price tag without factoring in all the hardware and brackets that OUO custom builds.

The adjustable height is huge. Get your rear set up how you want it and then the front will match it perfect. Our truck has no sway bars (front or rear), we are letting the coilovers do all the work for sway, and I can say it corners absolutely awesome. This is a perfect daily drive kit. The only thing that may affect some is ride quality... but that is obviously adjustable also depending on spring types.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Like all of OUO's stuff its top notch, I installed the first one of these kits and just how everything comes together is so perfect. I am sure like the others have said with enough interest Dave would come to market with them, you just can't beat the adjustability of this kit.

Latest posts

Members online