Wait to start light

duncanb09

Reaction score
Hey guys, the 6.0 I just bought does not have the wait to start light come on when turning the engine over. It comes on for a very brief moment just as I am cycling the key to ON. My buddy said the truck starts up very fast for being cold and said it could be that I just have really good glow plugs?:confused:

Sent while sitting at work watching metal spin in circles

dmd

Reaction score
The post said it was cold. If cold then the light probably should stay on longer.

The "must have good glow plugs" is funny... Even with new glow plugs that light will be on for 5-10 seconds at least when cold. You photo shows snow, so your cold will probably
be around 30-deg. The GP light should not turn off right away.

duncanb09

Reaction score
It has the small coil as the wait to start light. Not exactly sure whats up with it but it literally comes on for 1 second then turns off. The truck starts and drives fine though.

CCRICE

Reaction score
Either way he's trying to figure out why the light goes out so quick lol. My 07 starts fine in the cold but the light is on longer than he's claiming. I'm curious as to what would cause that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duncanb09

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Heres some more random info at an attempt to rule anything out. It has brand new batteries and a new FICM. When I turn the truck to on the check engine light comes on, fuel and water separator comes on and air flow restriction comes on. All 3 disappear as soon as the truck is started.

duncanb09

Reaction score
Well I didnt get to take a vid. Took it back to dealer. Truck is 5 days old and theres 2" of play in the ball joints. Anyone have any experience with Holiday Automotive in Fon Du Lac?

Sent while thinking about what to do to my bone stock 03 6.0

duncanb09

Reaction score
Ill have to stop by this weekend if your working. Got all kinds of questions for ya to answer

duncanb09

Reaction score
Left it at the dealership for 2 days. Decently cold weather and it sat outside, wait to start light was on for about 3 seconds. Decently cold = 15-25 degrees fyi lol

Latest posts

Members online