Want more power

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I have 190/100 stage 2 cam and freshly built bottom end (stock rods) .20 over. Running a s364.5 sxe I wanna make more power but it a street truck. Don't do much towing. What should I do next. Not sure I wanna mess with spray. But I'd like to run compounds what size injectors should I step up to? 330/150? With a s488 on top of the 64.5? Brand new hpop with the motor I put in 2,000 miles ago. What's a fun street/race set up. I know cutting edge makes a great compound piping kit. Thanks fellas

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
SXE 480 or 488would be great in front of the s364.5

That with a set of 8mm 330/150's would be a fun 850+ hp

Buddy of mine has a similar setup s369 with a cast 480 and it is a consistent 850 with 330/150's. I think he needed a thumper hpop to get him past the 800 mark.

Last edited:

jban126_f350

Reaction score
SXE 480 or 488would be great in front of the s364.5

That with a set of 8mm 330/150's would be a fun 850+ hp

Buddy of mine has a similar setup s369 with a cast 480 and it is a consistent 850 with 330/150's. I think he needed a thumper hpop to get him past the 800 mark.

I mean those hybrids would run fine with with a healthy stock pump just not full out power. Think I would need to o ring the heads?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I'd just run it. Worst case they pop, may as well have some fun first

Lol hell yeah stock rods hold up to 900 right? That's what I've read. I just have regular arp's but they should be fine. Gaskets will just pop. I already have a t4 (no cutting edge) I'm wondering if cutting edge compound piping will work ok.

Reaction score
It always amazes me when people think a blown head gasket as just "popping". You do realize its actually lifting the head, stretching the fasteners and distorting the block, heads, etc... Then it just gets "thrown" back together and people wonder why it keeps blowing head gaskets.

However, this is just my opinion

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It always amazes me when people think a blown head gasket as just "popping". You do realize its actually lifting the head, stretching the fasteners and distorting the block, heads, etc... Then it just gets "thrown" back together and people wonder why it keeps blowing head gaskets.

However, this is just my opinion

I had no idea, thanks for clearing that up chief.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Lol hell yeah stock rods hold up to 900 right? That's what I've read. I just have regular arp's but they should be fine. Gaskets will just pop. I already have a t4 (no cutting edge) I'm wondering if cutting edge compound piping will work ok.

Good tuning and proper waste-gate adjustment is key. There's really no guarantees with head gaskets, sure better studs and o-rings help. But there's plenty of trucks that had a proper head gasket job with regular studs that make 800hp no problem.

As for the kit you could send Matt your up pipes and I'm sure he could build you a kit around it. But you'll want a waste gate provision and it usually ends up being more cost effective to just let him build you the entire kit from the manifolds up and just sell the up pipes you have.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Good tuning and proper waste-gate adjustment is key. There's really no guarantees with head gaskets, sure better studs and o-rings help. But there's plenty of trucks that had a proper head gasket job with regular studs that make 800hp no problem.

As for the kit you could send Matt your up pipes and I'm sure he could build you a kit around it. But you'll want a waste gate provision and it usually ends up being more cost effective to just let him build you the entire kit from the manifolds up and just sell the up pipes you have.

Yeah I'll have to talk to him. You run a waste gate? Any pictures? The block is freshly decked and heads are perfectly flat. Brand new studs. I believe the heads would hold up for awhile. I don't race every weekend. Just a few times a year. So mostly mild tunes and daily to work.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I know you guys know, even better than I do. Wasn't trying to step on any toes, really was just venting from other things I read. Probably chose the wrong thread to interject my .02 cents. My apologies to you and the OP

Don't apologize, I'm just being a dik.

Obviously blowing head gaskets isn't a good time, I just think done right 800 hp is okay with regular studs assuming the head gasket job was done right.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to talk to him. You run a waste gate? Any pictures? The block is freshly decked and heads are perfectly flat. Brand new studs. I believe the heads would hold up for awhile. I don't race every weekend. Just a few times a year. So mostly mild tunes and daily to work.

Have you checked out his website? I think there's plenty of pictures on there.

I sold my 6.0 for a 6.7

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
There's MPD, They do some impressive fab work.

But that will be in-house as well. Most shops won't ship a kit because of fitment issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jban126_f350

Reaction score
There's MPD, They do some impressive fab work.

But that will be in-house as well. Most shops won't ship a kit because of fitment issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Don't really like mpd there stuff looks cool but I've heard of some people having nightmares come out of there. I can build my own as long as I can get my tig welding skills down.

scparrish

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't invest that much into a build to make 800+ and just hope the rods hold up, jmo of course.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I see you are in MD. A friend of mine owns a small local shop that could build you a kit no problem. He is an excellent fabricator and is cheap as his overhead is low. He built the true twin setup on Confederate diesels race truck awhile back.
71fc889f2582ce55ca01f5fb9d8dfd33.jpg

38e47fd88aed91fe109a65481e216dcc.jpg

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
LOL thank goodness they subcontracted out their fab work...

Latest posts

Members online