Warranty Question

Super_Hauler

Reaction score
I went a bought a 2008 f-350 this weekend. I am wanting to put a exhaust and tune on the truck. I know the tune will void warranty along with EGR but will deleting the DPF void my EXTENDED warranty that came with the truck when i bought it? I still have 65k miles on motor warranty along with 25k on power train warranty.

Thanks,

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I went a bought a 2008 f-350 this weekend. I am wanting to put a exhaust and tune on the truck. I know the tune will void warranty along with EGR but will deleting the DPF void my EXTENDED warranty that came with the truck when i bought it? I still have 65k miles on motor warranty along with 25k on power train warranty.

Thanks,
Kinda depends on your relationship with your dealer. If you tune it, and the head gasket blows, I would say that YOU caused that. But it you tune and delete it, and the AC quits, then you should be fine. They are supposed to do an investigation to see if your mods have caused the damage, but I have never been involved in that. I have my 450 tuned and deleted, but still have the EGR, and I have not had any warranty work done on here. the 250 is so modded, I would never have a chance to get that motor warrantied...

Super_Hauler

Reaction score
Thanks, never had a warranty before as I usually by my trucks older. This truck is way too nice not to care anymore. I am a 7.3,6.0 tech guy i can work on them all day but this 6.4 has me a little scared to work on, seeing as i dont have a lift to pull cab. I did get the warranty through ford for $3 a month more, couldn't pass it up. This DPF could piss a guy off though, the exhaust is way too quiet for my liking.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
if you put any kind of tune in a diesel it instantly negates the warranty for any part. i work at a dealership and they frown majorly upon that kind of stuff. they will alwasy say whatever is wrong is because of your deletes and because of your tunes. they will primarily blame them on that stuff.

uga33

Reaction score
The only thing that sucks about the extended warranty even through Ford is that Ford watches the extended stuff like hawks. Even if you have a cool dealer, extended warranties are a different animal.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
It is only that way because the dealer loses money as well as the techs. It pays very little to the tech (i have done a lot of them) and the extended warranty is one that even if your a mile over they will say your over and not perform the work. But do see what your dealer will say and see how they react to it. Its always worth a try.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I havent had to use it yet, but I made friends with my tech. He is a dealer for SCT and other tuners, and builds 6.0s and 7.3. If and when I need warranty work done, he is who I will see. Now, if I broke it, I will fix it. But, AC, power windows, etc... Ill let the fomoco handle that stuff.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
if you put any kind of tune in a diesel it instantly negates the warranty for any part.

Wrong.
There are CARB approved programmers, and the underhood label CLEARLY states that if a failure is caused by the tuner, you pay for it.

You mean to tell me that if I tune my 6.4 and the radiator starts to leak, they won't cover it?

However. A dealer reserves the right to refuse to work on your vehicle if it's modified.

THAT BEING SAID:

An FSE sees that you've done this? They will cancel emissions warranty on your vehicle because you've removed smog components.

To allow the vehicle to operate with removed smog components, you need to alter the PCM programming. Bye bye powertrain coverage, because you're running non-Ford programming, unless you've figured out how to make the Emissions level show up as "OTHER" on the IDS ;), which is Ford programming, but still not legal for highway use.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I've had a dealership refuse warranty work on a leaking pinion seal because of my lift. LOL Under the Magnusson-Moss act they are supposed to prove that the modification is what caused the issue in writing and can't deny warranty work. But they can black flag your vehicle for anything the modification can "harm." Which would be your entire powertrain if tuned.

I will forever be my own warranty.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I've had a dealership refuse warranty work on a leaking pinion seal because of my lift. LOL Under the Magnusson-Moss act they are supposed to prove that the modification is what caused the issue in writing and can't deny warranty work. But they can black flag your vehicle for anything the modification can "harm." Which would be your entire powertrain if tuned.

I will forever be my own warranty.

YES!!!!

Latest posts

Members online