Wastegate Solenoid or something worse?

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Truck is making this noise at idle now right after it goes through the two vein checks. I think its the wastegate solenoid because it stops if I press the brakes. Is it worth it to replace the wastegate solenoid or should I just bite the bullet and replace the turbo for a Towmax or Streetmax?

truck has 147,xxx miles with full deretes

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6JFTC-Sp21k

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is a tsb for that. It isnt the solenoid itself, but the vacuum harness to the wastegate and egr bypass door actuator. Dont ask me what changed, as it looks damn near identical except for the hose going to the wastegate, but it fixes em.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
There is a tsb for that. It isnt the solenoid itself, but the vacuum harness to the wastegate and egr bypass door actuator. Dont ask me what changed, as it looks damn near identical except for the hose going to the wastegate, but it fixes em.

can you elaborate more? do you know the tsb code or number?

right now im looking at $200-250 to replace the solenoid or actuator or 5k for a turbo kit lol

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ill look it up when i get to work today. I wantto say the hose only costs about 100 bucks, and will take probably about a half hour to an hour to change if you do it yourself.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
are there any other symptoms of a faulty wastegate setup?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
are there any other symptoms of a faulty wastegate setup?

live life full throttle

Itll throw a check engine light on a stock truck if its really ***ked, but other than that, not that ive seen. I have missed getting the wastegate hose connected on the solenoid once while doing the tsb. Road tested it, ran fine, didnt notice overboosting or anything, but when i pulled it out check engine light came on for wastegate performance. I have yet to see one where the wastegate gets stuck open.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Itll throw a check engine light on a stock truck if its really ***ked, but other than that, not that ive seen. I have missed getting the wastegate hose connected on the solenoid once while doing the tsb. Road tested it, ran fine, didnt notice overboosting or anything, but when i pulled it out check engine light came on for wastegate performance. I have yet to see one where the wastegate gets stuck open.
10-4. thanks man!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.