"Water in Fuel Filter Drain"

Logant_14

Reaction score
This message showed up on my dash today. I'm not very knowledgeable with the 6.7 so I figured you guys would be able to help.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Done and mounted..
7adu7aqy.jpg
uzure3av.jpg
ameqe2yp.jpg
9y8azyzy.jpg

He has a modified his with protection, but this is basically what you are looking for. As Corey has said, it's under the driver side door. Unscrew the yellow screw and water will come out. Look in the 6.7 hand book that came with your truck. I would probably let it drain for at least a minute and in the future drain it at least once a month.

CoreyMS

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about hitting it too much unless your going crazy offroad.

Change the filters at least every other oil change. There's one in there and a small one under the hood. Several threads about it, even some videos on YouTube.

RedRice589

Reaction score

Change the filters at least every other oil change. There's one in there and a small one under the hood. Several threads about it, even some videos on YouTube.

I'd be more worried about semi tires personally...

Logant_14

Reaction score
I've drained it seven times probably and the light is still on.

I was lookin at the pump and found that the sensor on it wasn't plugged in. I'm guessing that the "tech" that replaced my filters didn't plug it back in.

What's goin on with this thing? It now says reduced engine power along with the water in fuel notification

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

I was on pavement when a road gator broke my sensor off sooooo now I wont have to worry bout it as much.
I've drained it seven times probably and the light is still on.

I was lookin at the pump and found that the sensor on it wasn't plugged in. I'm guessing that the "tech" that replaced my filters didn't plug it back in.

What's goin on with this thing? It now says reduced engine power along with the water in fuel notification
I would take it back to the dealer that did it asap. if it is under warranty then thats one of the quickest ways to get denied for any fuel related warranty issues in the future. are you sure it was unplugged or broke off?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id still take it in or call them. might have to go get it reset anyway. that way it isnt a problem down the road cuz the computer should store that code that set the drain water now and reduced power messages.

live life full throttle

Logant_14

Reaction score
I would drive it to them but that's a 45 minute drive that could turn catastrophic.

Logant_14

Reaction score
Got the problem solved. The sensor on the separator had went out after not being plugged in after the filter replacement.

All is well now. Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.