Waxing bmf wheels

20156point7

Reaction score
I've got bmf novakane wheels in death metal black. Should I wax them or no? If so, what kind of wax or polish would you guys recommend for them.

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
Get a good aerosol wax spray can . I sprayed both set of BMF's regularly & they held up real nice even through some salt & snow in the winters. Cleaned them up after the bad weather and looked good till the day I sold them. Had one set in flat black , other was gloss.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my detail guy waxes mine and they look so good, i believe he uses whatever he uses on the paint.

20156point7

Reaction score
I have some extra meguiars from the last time I waxed my truck, ill wax my wheels with it tomorrow and see how it looks.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I did a lot of reading on this and wound up using the mothers I use for everything else. Only difference is I use the paste wax on everything including the race car but I bought the liquid mothers to do my Fuel wheels. Never had black wheels before these. I bought my black/machined Fuel wheels used and they look pretty damn good, especially since I don't know how old they are.

Keith

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I had my detailer opti coat mine. Since then I just use Sonax brilliant shine detail spray. I used auto finesse polish before to take some swirl marks out and recoated the wheel with Sonax NetShield. The wheels still look brand new and nothing sticks to them. It just washes right off. I couldn't be happier.

mattmal9

Reaction score
I had my detailer opti coat mine. Since then I just use Sonax brilliant shine detail spray. I used auto finesse polish before to take some swirl marks out and recoated the wheel with Sonax NetShield. The wheels still look brand new and nothing sticks to them. It just washes right off. I couldn't be happier.

Just wondering, what's Opti coat?

Mechcont

Reaction score
Its a long lasting coating that bonds to the wheel. The wheel and plastic coating lasts about 6-12 months on wheels and longer on the plastic trim depending on weather and how often you drive the truck.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Its a long lasting coating that bonds to the wheel. The wheel and plastic coating lasts about 6-12 months on wheels and longer on the plastic trim depending on weather and how often you drive the truck.

What he said^^^ lol.

dseitler

Reaction score

Would that be Opti-Coat Gloss-Coat Paint Coating? They have several products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.