What Amp?

ghohouston

Reaction score
^ I disagree there. Wire them to the lowest resistance (1 ohm in parallel) and tune accordingly. You WILL NOT hurt those subs unless youre clipping them. That fosgate amp wont put out enough clean power to hurt those subs. Sundown way under rates their subs power handling.

Last edited:

Spoolin'

Reaction score
I have another question. What size components will fit? I know that stock is 6x8, but what about circular speakers? Whats the biggest size that will fit? whats the smallest size that will fit?

TERRCO

Reaction score
^ I disagree with his advice. Yes the amp is stable down to 1 ohm load. I would never tell anyone one to set up a system to run at its very limits especially someone that says they don't know much about car audio. How will you know when something is not right? How will you know what to listen for ? Do you have an RTA to check for distortion and signals.
My advice was for someone not knowing that much about car audio and to hopefully keep you enjoying your system for years. Tuning is critical when you set up a system to run at its very limits. Another thing, if you must run the amp bridged and the subs all in parallel measure your impedance . If it's below 1 ohm you can damage the amp when cranking it for long periods of time.
Anyway, I'm out. Good luck.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
^ I disagree with his advice. Yes the amp is stable down to 1 ohm load. I would never tell anyone one to set up a system to run at its very limits especially someone that says they don't know much about car audio. How will you know when something is not right? How will you know what to listen for ? Do you have an RTA to check for distortion and signals.
My advice was for someone not knowing that much about car audio and to hopefully keep you enjoying your system for years. Tuning is critical when you set up a system to run at its very limits. Another thing, if you must run the amp bridged and the subs all in parallel measure your impedance . If it's below 1 ohm you can damage the amp when cranking it for long periods of time.

Thanks for the advice.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i learned long ago to wait and get the best. not rush into cheaper stuff.

ghohouston

Reaction score

And when he wires his subs up at that higher impedance and realizes its not at all what he was expecting, whats gonna happen? Hees gonna go straight for the bass boost and blow those subs. If he wires them up to 1 ohm, starts with the gain all the way down and never touches the bass boost, and slowly tunes his amp using the gain knob, filters, and puts his stereo at his comfortable listening volume (which to the o.p. is not to the max) and goes from there, he should be able to get it right. If your subs immediately get warm/ smell bad, turn every setting back down on the amp and start over. Also, o.p. do know that new subs take some time to "break in" before you can fully crank the volume up on them

Spoolin'

Reaction score
What arent you liking?

I know they need to be broken in just like my 6.0 needs to be warmed up. I know to never use bass boost. If something smells funny or gets hot that's pretty obvious something isn't right lol. I will probably never turn it up all the way, and if I do, it will be for a very short period of time. I will be doing a lot of experimenting with the amp and sub so it does not really matter where I start. I read that Woofersetc.com is an unauthorized dealer for Focal and sell fake's, or real focals with the serial number scratched off so they are not warrantied. I guess I would be fine if they were genuine focals with the serial number scratched off so that their dealer does not get caught, but I will not be happy with fakes. Seems shady. Woofersetc.com has a set of focals for $100 less than crutchfield.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hmmm, idk about all that. I do know I looked at focals a few weeks ago, and believe it or not, car toys of all people had them the cheapest

AKHILF

Reaction score
I just got a set of the sundown cs6.5's haven't had time to install them yet. I don't know where I'm going to put my tweeters. If I didn't have the 4 gauge puller pod I'd put them in the sails.

Latest posts

Members online