What are normal temps with a tuner

fine69

Reaction score
What are normal EGT, Trans, and water temps with a tuner? I'm running an H&S Mini Max with KEM tunes. Is 180 too hot for the trans?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
What are normal EGT, Trans, and water temps with a tuner? I'm running an H&S Mini Max with KEM tunes. Is 180 too hot for the trans?

i see high temps with the trans also. even when stock. i think the sensor is in the wrong spot or not reading right.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I use to see between 165-175 with my stock trans. I rarely ever saw at or over 180 degrees unless I raced. My SunCoast is either at 158-160 or low 170's. I have only seen 180 with it at the track, and that was right at 180 after hot lapping it 2 passes.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you gotta remember that the transmission actually shifts better with warm oil, the fluid moves faster and allows the shifts to be more crisp,

You should see around 180 degrees of trans oil temp... remember the transmission lines run thru the cooling system to help maintain 180 degrees even when cold

BigRed

Reaction score
160 is the highest I have seen in this 100 constant degree weather here in Texas. Course i bought truck used and it shifts like my 6.0 with suncoast did Has never gone over 160 even with me pounding on it. But I'm running H&S mini with KEM 345.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
164-175 normal driving. I see as high as 185 beating the snot out of it, running stock trans with Spartan TCM and Spartan 300 as my DD for about last 2 wks.
I've compared the oem and worked TCM's head to head, the oem runs about 5-10 degrees hotter consistently over the Spartan tcm running the same hp tune. So yeah the Suncoast tranny's mentioned before should run much cooler. They have the HD internals but lets face it, the quicker shifts and higher clutch holding power even in static state is what's keeping the temps down. I'll go Suncoast when stock trans goes (if ever), I can't believe how well both my stock trans and converter are holding up. 60k running race tunes majority of time. 5r110w ftw.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.