what batteries?

goodie85

Reaction score
Mods move this thread where need be, but my question is what batteries are you guys running, mine are weak (wont hold a charge.) so its time to get some new ones, I was thinking of either NAPA GOLDS or Interstates?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've been running Wal-Mart brands for the last 3 years. Had one replaced under warranty but now there both dieing. Going to go to Les Schwabs and have what ever brand they have installed this week more then likely.

Seems no matter what brand I install I have to replace them about every three years. Of course I have lots of starts and stops and cold weather.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
My 770cca Napa brand batteries are going on 6 years now, just now showing signs of age. I think they were like $150 together back then.

goodie85

Reaction score
I've been running Wal-Mart brands for the last 3 years. Had one replaced under warranty but now there both dieing. Going to go to Les Schwabs and have what ever brand they have installed this week more then likely.

Seems no matter what brand I install I have to replace them about every three years. Of course I have lots of starts and stops and cold weather.

Thats the same problem i have, is every three years its time no matter what, but my truck does get plenty of cold starts and stops and starts here in sd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
diehard platinum P2''s bad azz battery. ran my truck for two days in minnesota in the dead of winter before they went dead enough to not start the truck.. alternator took a chit.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I prefer Motorcrafts as well. But I will say I have Die Hards in my truck and they've been in it for almost 6 years now with no signs of losing any power. My truck will sit for 4-5 months without being started sometimes and always start when I want it to.

Black 02

Reaction score
Motorcraft...

Yep, the price is about the same, the warrenty is better then most, and you can get the improved CCA battery as well.

I got the heavy duty motorcraft and I haven't looked back.

Had them in my explorer and never bought a battery for it either.

I don't know who makes them for Motorcraft, but they are damn good.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Motorcrafts. When mine were pooched last year I did some research on the best bang for the buck (CCA & Warranty), and the Motorcrafts were the best.

MossBack

Reaction score
I got the AGM super start extreme from oriellys. My autolites lasted 4 1/2 years and the prorated warranty made the new batts $80 each. And a bump up in 25 cca and completely sealed so no more corrosion. Only down side is the overall size is about 1/2" narrower and thinner but I will be ok

RNicol

Reaction score
NAPA is what we've been running in all our trucks. Might seem kinda pricy but they're good batteries and now they come with a good warranty.

TERRCO

Reaction score
I am running the yellow walmarts. One died about a year into it and was replaced. The batteries before them were motorcraft. I got seven years out of them. The walmarts were free or I would have bought motorcrafts again.

OceanDiesel

Reaction score
I've been running Wal-Mart's for over 4 years. Even after an alt failure and getting drained completely 2 years ago, thier still holding up.

Snake

Reaction score
Diehard Platinum's. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports, 930 CCA, 4 year free replacement, and 100 month pro-rated replacement.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.