What common issues are there with the 6.7s?

Jomax

Reaction score
im sure you will...

NOT!

live life full throttle

I bought 6 year 100k warrenty that will cover everything with my carli lift kit installed. Ford won't cover powertrain.... so I better lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Early build 2011, tsb for the exhaust valves taken care of, then the EGR got clogged up, that was replaced, then the tranny started acting up barely at 98K so I put it in the shop to get the little things fixed before warranty went out. Dealership ended up putting a completely new tranny in under warranty.

Deleted at 103K and am at 133K now and am pretty sure my turbo is about to go bye bye (leaking oil coming from above the bell housing coming from the valley)
For an early build 11' I think 133K on the turbo is pretty good considering there have been some unlucky guys go through a few turbos before my kind of miles. This truck has done nothing but impress me.

Mileage in town(deleted) I'm getting 14-17 depending on how much I hotrod around and pure highway miles I'm getting 18-22mpg and that's hand calculated.

I bought my truck at 60ishK which was the only reason I waited for the warranty to run out. If I was buying a newer truck or a truck with way less miles I would've deleted asap. Hope this helps somewhat

Jomax

Reaction score
Early build 2011, tsb for the exhaust valves taken care of, then the EGR got clogged up, that was replaced, then the tranny started acting up barely at 98K so I put it in the shop to get the little things fixed before warranty went out. Dealership ended up putting a completely new tranny in under warranty.

Deleted at 103K and am at 133K now and am pretty sure my turbo is about to go bye bye (leaking oil coming from above the bell housing coming from the valley)
For an early build 11' I think 133K on the turbo is pretty good considering there have been some unlucky guys go through a few turbos before my kind of miles. This truck has done nothing but impress me.

Mileage in town(deleted) I'm getting 14-17 depending on how much I hotrod around and pure highway miles I'm getting 18-22mpg and that's hand calculated.

I bought my truck at 60ishK which was the only reason I waited for the warranty to run out. If I was buying a newer truck or a truck with way less miles I would've deleted asap. Hope this helps somewhat

Why delete asap?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Why delete asap?

Just my personal opinion. The regens turn your mileage to crap, buying DEF got old, having one of those sensors going bad can leave you stranded.
I have a buddy that has been a cummins guy his whole life and the day he bought his used 6.7 a sensor(can't remember what it was) went bad and left him stranded in an intersection. He deleted a couple weeks after that.
Some people just don't want to get rid of the warranty, like my dad. But he sure does love borrowing my truck..

I can't leave anything stock so that's why I would've deleted sooner if I would've been buying a truck with less miles.
Like I said it's just my personal opinion.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I bought 6 year 100k warrenty that will cover everything with my carli lift kit installed. Ford won't cover powertrain.... so I better lol

I bought the same warranty. I asked my service guy about a lift, wheels and tires and was told they would warranty it as long as I took my truck there to have the tires balanced.

Last edited:

morepower02

Reaction score
Got a laugh on the don't buy a "stance truck" can I also include anyone that has/had a dirty money sticker.

Jomax

Reaction score
I bought the same warranty. I asked my service guy about a lift, wheels and tires and was told they would warranty it as long as I took my truck there to have the tires balanced.

Paid 4500. But I figured if the trans goes. It'll pay for itself.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just my personal opinion. The regens turn your mileage to crap, buying DEF got old, having one of those sensors going bad can leave you stranded.
I have a buddy that has been a cummins guy his whole life and the day he bought his used 6.7 a sensor(can't remember what it was) went bad and left him stranded in an intersection. He deleted a couple weeks after that.
Some people just don't want to get rid of the warranty, like my dad. But he sure does love borrowing my truck..

I can't leave anything stock so that's why I would've deleted sooner if I would've been buying a truck with less miles.
Like I said it's just my personal opinion.

I C. I bought a new truck so i dont have to spend money on the truck(engine wise). To me it kind of defeats the purpose to delete when new. Why buy new then. But of course JMHO.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I C. I bought a new truck so i dont have to spend money on the truck(engine wise). To me it kind of defeats the purpose to delete when new. Why buy new then. But of course JMHO.

again, i said the same exact thing...

live life full throttle

BOHICA256

Reaction score

I agree with that. Which is why I don't see myself buying a brand new truck. Because I wouldn't last very long with it being stock engine wise. I'll grow up one of these days... Maybe..

Reaction score
The beauty of our intercooler pipes is you can run them with or without the tuning! Some people like leaving it stock but want the reliable intercooler pipe upgrade. Others like the skinny pedal too much and want the extra power afforded by the tuning. And then there's the crowd that just wants to go fast and does the turbo kit with high and low pressure fuel upgrades :)

:tree:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I agree with that. Which is why I don't see myself buying a brand new truck. Because I wouldn't last very long with it being stock engine wise. I'll grow up one of these days... Maybe..

I'm almost 45....hasn't happened yet. lol

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
I've been turnin wrenches on my '14 since I got it in Dec. I can't stop bustin knuckles and makin scars for one reason or another lol. It did seem a little silly to void the warranty at 28k mi; but worth it so far.
*knock on wood

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

Jomax

Reaction score
Keeping mine stock. I'm loving it. No Egts to keep my eyes peeled to while towing lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.