What did you do to drop weight

extreme3807

Reaction score
Aside from the standard spare tire and tailgate, what has everyone done to drop weight for racing?
Sent from my DROID Pro

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Roll pan, take the hitch off, go in with 1/4 tank of fuel are a few I can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Tailgate too. Could pull seats if you wanted make sure the cab is empty.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I got my crew cab down to 7620 lbs by removing the tailgate, spare, spare tire heat shield (not much weight there lol), and my receiver hitch. My suspension was also lighter, I had 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes, and I had roughly an 1/8 tank of fuel.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Good info. Does anyone know their pre-race weight and what all they took off and what their actual race weight was. Trying to get an idea of how much eace piece weighs roughly.

Sent from my DROID Pro

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I have only weighed my truck twice. I weighed it a few years ago when I sled pulled. It weighed 8170 lbs with me in the truck, 1/2 tank of fuel, 325/60/20 Toyo AT's on factory Harley 20's, a leveling kit, and nothing in the bed or in the cab (except me). So from that point to how my truck sat earlier this year, I was able to drop 550 lbs without removing a single thing inside the cab. That weight loss also includes all of the EGR stuff gone as it was still on the truck when it weighed 8170.

If you did everything I did, you would easily be able to get down in the 7300-7400 range since your truck is an EC/SB. You also have 1 turbo to my 2.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Thanks for the info jeff. The bumper weighs about 150 lbs, needless to say after I got the truck back from rudy's I took that off and left the 37's off. Im working on getting a 5-point roll bar done, just trying to add the weight of that up to the race setup

Sent from my DROID Pro

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
Thanks for the info jeff. The bumper weighs about 150 lbs, needless to say after I got the truck back from rudy's I took that off and left the 37's off. Im working on getting a 5-point roll bar done, just trying to add the weight of that up to the race setup

Sent from my DROID Pro

Thats not bad actually i was thinkin it was maybe 250 plus

NotStock

Reaction score
I always and I repeat ALWAYS take a moto dump. Nothing like loosing a solid 2lbs of a paint peeling steamer!

ThirdCoastStroker

Reaction score
I've taken 60# out of the drivers seat and hope to have 50 more by May 18th.

Sweet congrats, I've dropped 40 out of the drivers seat, and hoping for about 35 more, before april 14th, thats my funeral...i mean wedding day.

If you really wanna drop some pounds for race day you could pull the bed, its not all that hard, just need a few extra hands to pick it up.

Latest posts

Members online